Experience a Summer of Gin and Tonic at the Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem Garden Terrace
JERUSALEM - The magnificent Garden Terrace, located on the roof of the Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem, overlooking the unforgettable views of the capital of Israel, was reopened today for summer 2018.
Focusing on Mediterranean-style tapas bar dishes, created by the hotel's Executive chef, Itzik Mizrachi Barak, the Garden Terrace is one of the most pampering and relaxing luxury places to spend a summer evening.
The Garden Terrace bar features quality cocktails, prepared by the hotel's expert mixologists, and a rich selection of luxurious, obsolete beverages and smoky drinks.
According to General Manager Avner On, "This summer, the main highlights are Gin and Tonic cocktails, which have undergone a substantial makeover. Gone are the days of traditional conservative presentations. Nowadays our guests can expect G&T to be presented in the most unusual ways and with extraordinary combinations. The reasons behind this rapidly expanding new world of Gin flavours are numerous: It’s less calorific than beer, it’s easier to drink and it’s more fun”, concludes On.
Classic and unique “G&T” drinks are available on the Garden Terrace beverages menu:
- Gin Mare, Olive and Sea Salt - The Mediterranean flavors of Gin Mare paired with rinsed olives, a crumble of sea salt flakes, and an extra zest of lemon peel
- Gin Mare, Mango - Freshly sliced mango decorates this version of our gin and tonic, bringing fruity thirst-quenching forward note that elevates the gin.
- Gin Mare, Thyme and Basil - Garden Terrace fresh thyme and basil leaves are added to Gin Mare and tonic, to give you a light herbaceous take on the “G&T”.
- Beefeater 24 - This super-premium green tea inspired gin is paired with lemon verbena and Fever Tree lemon tonic.
- Hendricks - Here we lift the cucumber and rose water essences in the gin by adding fresh cucumber spirals and aromatic dried rose petals.
- Tanqueray 10 - The first gin to enter the Spirits Hall of Fame, created with chamomile flowers and fresh limes, oranges and grapefruits; we've picked up on those characteristics to pair this gin with fresh pink grapefruit.
- Plymouth - Plymouth gin has a flavor profile all of its own, robust and aromatic, we've complimented those flavors by adding sweet fresh strawberries and the spice of black peppercorns.
Executive Chef Itzik Barak features in his summer menu his famed Tapas options. Some will include Gin as an ingredient - Salmon Gravlax with herbs, oranges, gin; or Salmon Tartar with chives, fennel, olive oil, lemon, orange cream, gin or Chicken breast, gin, silan, pomegranate juice, served with grilled potatoes.
“Our goal is to enable all guests of Jerusalem and its residents to enjoy the attentive yet discreet quality of service of the famed global brand”, Says General Manager On.
Cigar lovers will enjoy a luxurious and unique cigar collection from our menu. This summer the Garden Terrace is open to hotel guests and the general public from Sunday to Thursday between the hours of 6:30 pm – 11:30 pm. Guests will enjoy 2 hours complimentary parking in the hotel car park.
We recommend advance reservations:
TEL 97225423333 E-mail:Jerusalem@waldorfastoria.com
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a portfolio of more than 30 iconic properties that creates a unique sense of place with a relentless commitment to personal service and culinary expertise in landmark locations around the world. Unified by their inspirational environments and True Waldorf Service, Waldorf Astoria hotels deliver graceful service from the moment a guest books through checkout. Waldorf Astoria is a part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Experience Waldorf Astoria by booking at www.waldorfastoria.com or through the Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn about the brand by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/waldorfastoria, and follow Waldorf Astoria on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.Download Article Photos