Waldorf Astoria Chengdu Opens As Hilton’s 200th Hotel in Asia Pacific
The Opening of Waldorf Astoria Chengdu Underscores Hilton’s Strong Growth in Asia Pacific and Brings True Waldorf Service to the Capital of Sichuan Province
Located in Western China's gateway city of Chengdu, the 289-room Waldorf Astoria Chengdu is housed within the high-end in99 Plaza, a 190,000 square meter mixed-use development comprising a retail mall, office towers, and apartment towers.
"As Hilton's 200th hotel in Asia Pacific, Waldorf Astoria Chengdu marks a key milestone in our company's growth in this region in spectacular style," said Martin Rinck, president, Asia Pacific, Hilton. "Our ambition is to be everywhere our customers want to be, as the most hospitable company in the world. With more destinations than ever before in Asia Pacific, including nearly 400 hotels in the pipeline, we're on our way to achieving that."
A 52-storey, art deco inspired landmark that weaves classic elegance with modern luxury, Waldorf Astoria Chengdu offers guests an inspirational environment in the new financial district of Chengdu Hi-Tech Zone.
The hotel also enjoys easy access to the city, with the nearest Metro station located just 600m, or an eight-minute walk, from the hotel. The Southern Railway Station, New Century Global Center, and New International Exhibition & Convention Center are also nearby.
"Waldorf Astoria Chengdu joins a rapidly growing luxury portfolio in Asia Pacific," said John T.A. Vanderslice, global head, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. "As we continue to debut iconic properties in the world's most sought-after destinations, it is an honor to introduce our brand to such a vital city in China's past, present and future. We look forward to showcasing our signature True Waldorf Service and offering guests the unforgettable experiences that are synonymous with our luxury brand."
Guest rooms at Waldorf Astoria Chengdu start from a spacious 50 square meters, each elegantly-furnished and featuring the signature Waldorf Astoria bed, a walk-in closet, marble bathrooms with double vanities, and modern entertainment amenities. A personal concierge cabinet at the entryway of each room ensures convenience and allows for discreet service at all times.
Waldorf Astoria Chengdu features six restaurants and bars, including:
- Brasserie 99 is a European-style brasserie that serves innovative and inspired flavors from around the world. With grand chandeliers and floor-to-ceiling windows that provide views of the city, this is the place for an elegant dining experience.
- Infinite Luck Chinese Restaurant serves a wide array of Cantonese specialties. The décor is bold and sophisticated, and the restaurant has four private dining rooms for family celebrations and business functions.
- Peacock Alley Lobby Lounge and Bar was modeled after the New York original and features 'live' piano and violin music. With an elegant 'living room' vibe, it has marble, brass, and Art Deco detailing, and offers the signature Waldorf Astoria Afternoon Tea.
- Limited Edition Grill is a casual American grill restaurant, where guests can see the chefs in action. Styled by renowned designer Jeffrey Beers, this restaurant features prime cuts of beef, sustainable seafood, and a magnificent wine list.
- Limited Edition SIP Wine Bar showcases artisanal spirits, craft beers, and fine wines from around the world. The setting is refined, with luxurious wooden décor and plush leather seating that add to the welcoming ambience.
- Wall Street Bar on the 52nd floor is a rooftop bar where guests can sip premium small-batch whiskeys and gins, while the resident DJ spins classic jazz, big band grooves, Detroit techno, funk soul, nu-disco, and deep-tech house music. (Opening soon)
For events, the hotel offers a grand ballroom and five meeting rooms, with a combined area of over 2,000 square meters. Private elevators from the lobby and car park provide swift access to meeting areas, and large service elevators facilitate events with bigger set-ups.
For pampering and relaxation, the Waldorf Astoria Spa offers private treatment suites and premium products from June Jacobs and Valmont. Other wellness options include a 24-hour fitness center with personal TV displays and music docking stations, as well as a steam room, sauna, ice shower, salt rooms, and 25-meter heated indoor pool offering views of the skyline from the 48th floor.
Waldorf Astoria Chengdu participates in Hilton Honors®, the only guest loyalty program where guests who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to benefits, including complimentary Wi-Fi and a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose any combination of points and money to book a stay. To celebrate the hotel's opening, Hilton Honors members will be awarded 1,000 Bonus Points per night for stays completed between now and December 31, 2017.
Owned by Chengdu Yincheng Real Estate Co. Ltd, Waldorf Astoria Chengdu is located at No.1199, Tianfu Avenue North, High-Tech Zone, Chengdu, 610041, China. For more information or to make a reservation, please call the hotel at +86 28 8888 1199 or visit www.waldorfastoriachengdu.com.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a portfolio of 30 iconic properties that creates a unique sense of place with a relentless commitment to personal service and culinary expertise in landmark locations around the world. Unified by their inspirational environments and True Waldorf Service, Waldorf Astoria hotels deliver graceful service from the moment a guest books through checkout. In addition to the brand’s renowned hotel offerings, Waldorf Astoria boasts a best-in-class residential portfolio, including 18 properties either open or in development, that provide the comfort of a private home combined with the unsurpassed amenities and legendary service of Waldorf Astoria. Waldorf Astoria is a part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Experience Waldorf Astoria by booking at www.waldorfastoria.com or through the Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn about the brand by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/waldorfastoria, and follow Waldorf Astoria on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 17 world-class brands comprising nearly 6,000 properties with more than 954,000 rooms, in 117 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton earned a spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, nearly 99 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos