The Roosevelt New Orleans Debuts ‘Tap Takeover Thursdays’
The Fountain Lounge partners with local breweries for new monthly series highlighting beers locals love
NEW ORLEANS - The Fountain Lounge, The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel’s signature in-house restaurant and bar, invites locals and visitors alike to stop in on Thursdays to indulge in their favorite local beers—on tap! The libations will be paired with signature po-boys to complement each brew’s unique flavor. Tap Takeover Thursdays begins this Thursday, April 4.
Each month, the Fountain Lounge will partner with a local brewery and feature a different local beer. NOLA Brewing Company’s Revivalists Pale Ale is the first to be featured. A portion of the profits from the beer sales will benefit The Roots of Music, a local nonprofit that offers after-school academic tutoring and music mentoring.
The featured po-boy offered alongside this month’s Pale Ale is the Half & Half: a crispy fried shrimp and gulf oyster po-boy dressed with crystal aioli, hot house tomatoes, lettuce and pickles.
“We’re excited to kick off this promotion with a charitable aspect,” said Director of Outlets Justin Sugerman. “It’s our 125th anniversary this year at the hotel, and we strongly believe in preserving our heritage, especially through the arts. We know how much locals love our regional breweries and thought Tap Takeover Thursdays would be a great opportunity to showcase that love. We added po-boy pairings to round out the quintessential New Orleans dining experience.”
In addition to Tap Takeover Thursdays, The Roosevelt New Orleans is delighted to serve Chef Carl’s Fried Chicken every Monday at $18.93 per person, a Burgers & Bubbles menu every Tuesday night, and ½ off bottles of wine and charcuterie boards for Wine Down Wednesdays. The hotel is also celebrating its 125th anniversary throughout the year in a variety of ways, including:
- Sazerac 125: The Sazerac Bar is serving a limited quantity commemorative “Sazerac 125” cocktail, offering a few discerning guests and locals a chance to take a sip of history. The $125 cocktail includes the rare, famed Thomas Handy Rye Whiskey and comes in a commemorative embossed keepsake glass. Only 125 cocktails will be sold.
- Historic Giveback Campaign: The hotel is inviting guests to return items they’ve collected from the hotel over the years – no questions asked – to be displayed in the hotel lobby. Those who submit will be entered to win a stay at the hotel valued at over $15,000.
- Rooftop pop-up series: Local chefs will venture to the hotel’s pool deck every Thursday during the summer. A variety of foods will be offered, as well as access to the pool—usually reserved for guests.
- Rooftop yoga: Held at the hotel’s rooftop pool bar and cabana, this happy hour with a healthy twist will include a workout, cocktails and food.
- “Pick Three” for $18.93: The Fountain Lounge is offering guests the options to choose three items on the menu for $18.93, a nod to the year 1893 when the hotel first opened. Menu available here.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a portfolio of 32 iconic properties that creates a unique sense of place with a relentless commitment to personal service and culinary expertise in landmark locations around the world. Unified by their inspirational environments and True Waldorf Service, Waldorf Astoria hotels deliver graceful service from the moment a guest books through checkout. In addition to the brand’s renowned hotel offerings, Waldorf Astoria boasts a best-in-class residential portfolio, including 18 properties either open or in development, that provide the comfort of a private home combined with the unsurpassed amenities and legendary service of Waldorf Astoria. Waldorf Astoria is a part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Experience Waldorf Astoria by booking at www.waldorfastoria.com or through the Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn about the brand by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/waldorfastoria, and follow Waldorf Astoria on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,100 properties with more than 977,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 106 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos