The Roosevelt New Orleans Announces Historical Items Giveback Contest
In celebration of the 125th anniversary, hotel offers grand prize for best returned item
NEW ORLEANS - The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel, is excited to announce a special contest, running until July 1, in honor of its 125th anniversary. The public is encouraged to bring in any and all items they have taken from the hotel in the past: hotel keys, pillow covers, robes, menus, décor—no item is too big or too small. The chance to win a grand prize of a seven-night stay in the presidential suite, gourmet meals cooked by the hotel’s executive chef, spa treatments and more will be given away in exchange for returned items.
“This contest is a fun way to get people thinking about the time they spent at the hotel,” said General Manager Tod Chambers. “We’re excited to see the different kinds of items people bring back.”
Items such as a plate from the Blue Room, Roosevelt Reviews from the 1950s, invoices from the 1940s, menus and postcards have already been returned. Those wishing to contribute their items may drop them off locally at the concierge desk or mail them in. Donations are asked to be returned with this form filled out. Additional questions about the contest should be directed to Roosevelt_125@hilton.com. For full details, click here. The winner of the contest will be announced at the hotel’s 125th birthday extravaganza in July.
In addition to the contest, the hotel is celebrating its historic 125th anniversary throughout the year in a variety of ways, including:
- Sazerac 125: The Sazerac Bar is serving a limited quantity commemorative “Sazerac 125” cocktail, offering a few discerning guests and locals a chance to take a sip of history. The $125 cocktail includes the rare, famed Thomas Handy Rye Whiskey and comes in a commemorative embossed keepsake glass. Only 125 will be sold.
- Guest Experiences: These fine dining events invite well-heeled locals and visitors alike to experience a night on the town. Further details will be announced soon.
- Rooftop pop-up series: Local chefs will venture to the hotel’s pool deck every Thursday during the summer. A variety of foods will be offered, as well as access to the pool—usually reserved for guests.
- Rooftop yoga: Held at the hotel’s rooftop pool bar and cabana, this happy hour with a healthy twist will include a workout, cocktails and food.
- “Pick Three” for $18.93: The Fountain Lounge, the property’s signature in-house restaurant, is offering guests the options to choose three items on the menu for $18.93, a nod to the year 1893 when the hotel first opened.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a portfolio of 32 iconic properties that creates a unique sense of place with a relentless commitment to personal service and culinary expertise in landmark locations around the world. Unified by their inspirational environments and True Waldorf Service, Waldorf Astoria hotels deliver graceful service from the moment a guest books through checkout. In addition to the brand’s renowned hotel offerings, Waldorf Astoria boasts a best-in-class residential portfolio, including 18 properties either open or in development, that provide the comfort of a private home combined with the unsurpassed amenities and legendary service of Waldorf Astoria. Waldorf Astoria is a part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Experience Waldorf Astoria by booking at www.waldorfastoria.com or through the Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn about the brand by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/waldorfastoria, and follow Waldorf Astoria on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,100 properties with more than 971,000 rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 103 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos