The Roosevelt New Orleans Announces Completion of $20 Million Renovation
Meeting spaces, guest rooms and the rooftop pool deck receive transformations, upgrades
NEW ORLEANS - The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel is proud to announce the near completion of a massive $20 million renovation. To celebrate the hotel’s 125th anniversary, The Roosevelt reimagined their space from meeting rooms to guest rooms to the rooftop pool. The historic hotel, located in the heart of downtown New Orleans, has completely transformed the aforementioned spaces, keeping in mind the needs of both the savvy business traveler and the luxury seeking vacationer.
The Roosevelt remodeled 60,000 feet of meeting and banquet space, spending $5 million on those renovations alone. The hotel now offers three grand ballrooms and 23 distinctive meeting rooms, with 20,000 feet being divisible into five sections. In addition to the upgrades, the hotel offers a full-service business center, an onsite full-service audio/visual company and online catering and events menus.
“We strongly believe in preserving our 125-year history in the hospitality industry,” said General Manager Tod Chambers. “We also believe that by our continued pursuit of offering our guests the best possible visit at every turn we have solidified our namesake with luxury for years to come.”
The crown jewel of New Orleans remains true to that namesake by continuing to provide true Waldorf service to its guests and visitors. All 504 guest rooms are scheduled to be renovated by the end of 2019.
The hotel is celebrating its 125th anniversary throughout the year in a variety of ways, including:
- Fountain Lounge offerings: The Roosevelt New Orleans is delighted to serve Chef Carl’s Fried Chicken every Monday, a Burgers & Bubbles menu every Tuesday, ½ off bottles of wine and charcuterie boards for Wine Down Wednesdays and a signature po-boy paired with a local brew for Tap Take Over Thursdays.
- Sazerac 125: The Sazerac Bar is serving a limited quantity commemorative “Sazerac 125” cocktail, offering a few discerning guests and locals a chance to take a sip of history. The $125 cocktail includes the rare, famed Thomas Handy Rye Whiskey and comes in a commemorative embossed keepsake glass. Only 125 cocktails will be sold.
- Historic Giveback Campaign: The hotel is inviting guests to return items they’ve collected from the hotel over the years – no questions asked – to be displayed in the hotel lobby. Those who submit will be entered to win a stay at the hotel valued at over $15,000.
- Rooftop pop-up series: Local chefs will venture to the hotel’s pool deck every Thursday during the summer. A variety of foods will be offered, as well as access to the pool—usually reserved for guests.
- Rooftop yoga: Held at the hotel’s rooftop pool bar and cabana, this happy hour with a healthy twist will include a workout, cocktails and food.
- “Pick Three” for $18.93: The Fountain Lounge is offering guests the options to choose three items on the menu for $18.93, a nod to the year 1893 when the hotel first opened. Menu available here.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a portfolio of 32 iconic properties that creates a unique sense of place with a relentless commitment to personal service and culinary expertise in landmark locations around the world. Unified by their inspirational environments and True Waldorf Service, Waldorf Astoria hotels deliver graceful service from the moment a guest books through checkout. In addition to the brand’s renowned hotel offerings, Waldorf Astoria boasts a best-in-class residential portfolio, including 18 properties either open or in development, that provide the comfort of a private home combined with the unsurpassed amenities and legendary service of Waldorf Astoria. Waldorf Astoria is a part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Experience Waldorf Astoria by booking at www.waldorfastoria.com or through the Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn about the brand by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/waldorfastoria, and follow Waldorf Astoria on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos