Hilton Launches New Platform, Dedicated to Offering Guests Bespoke, and Unforgettable Experiences with its Luxury Brands
AMSTERDAM - Hilton has launched an innovative web platform that offers a range of new and exclusive experiences across its luxury brands, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotel & Resorts. The website, where experiences are filtered by the senses, will give guests unprecedented access to local tastes, sights and sounds, including a chance to see the world’s largest private collection of Louis Vuitton suitcases in Amsterdam, unpack your Waldorf Astoria champagne picnic in Texel before returning to the helicopter and flight home, and take a moment to relax with Headspace guided meditation in the private Garden Tea House.
A recent global survey of luxury travellers by Hilton found that almost half (47%) of global travellers have planned most of their itinerary before travelling and that 20 percent use a loyalty app or digital concierge to do this. With the launch of the new Luxury Experiences platform (www.explore.hilton.com/luxury) guests will be able to book exclusive, authentic, local experiences in destinations all over Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Dominique Piquemal, Vice President Luxury Operations EMEA at Hilton says, “Now more than ever, luxury consumers are looking for unique experiences and unparalleled access. Our newly launched Luxury Experiences platform enables guests to browse the breadth of diverse experiences and undiscovered gems, available exclusively through our Waldorf Astoria and Conrad properties, offering exceptional experiences, every hotel, every guest, every time.”
Highlights of the Experiences Include:
- At Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam guests will be met at the steps of the hotel and driven in a horse-drawn carriage to Ship Chandlers Warehouse, a private warehouse home to the world’s largest private collection of Louis Vuitton suitcases. Here they will have a chance to explore the warehouse’s hidden treasures and listen to stories from the 17th century shop, before being served a fine-dining fivecourse dinner. Guests can book
- At Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, Step outside of Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam to discover the best spots of the Netherlands from the sky. Your private driver will transport you in a luxurious Maybach to the boarding point of your helicopter. Touch down in Texel for a view of the Wadden Sea, a Unesco World Heritage Site and savour a picnic lunch and glass of bubbles, prepared exclusively for you by the kitchen team led by our Two Michelin-star chef, Sidney Schutte.
- At Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace Versailles guests can book to sit at the ‘Chef’s Table’ in Gordon Ramsay au Trianon restaurant. Here a bespoke, Michelin starred menu will be created exclusively for them, right before their eyes.
- Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem offers an evening city tour which will take guests to the Mahane Yehuda Market to learn the traders’ ancient secrets of breadmaking and to taste a multitude of dough-based specialties.
- Guests at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian will be able to determine their Scottish roots and discover their family tartan in the Scottish Heritage Experience. A questionnaire completed by guests prior to arrival will be reviewed by a team of genealogist experts who will reveal guests’ family tree during their stay and regale them with stories of their ancestors. The experience will finish with a bespoke kilt and Scottish traditional dress fitting that guests can purchase in their family’s tartan to take home.
- Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members at Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, can discover the special mindfulness experience in collaboration with Headspace, the award-winning meditation company. Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to unwind in the peaceful environment of our hotel's private garden with Headspace. While embarking on your own Headspace journey, you may retreat to our Tea House to indulge in some delightful treats.
With over 20 experiences across Europe, Middle East and Africa, the Luxury Experiences platform will ensure it is easy for guests to browse authentic experiences and have a seamless, unforgettable holiday.
To visit the platform and see the full list of experiences, please visit:
Hilton partnered with a third-party research firm, Survata, to survey nearly 1,500 luxury consumers over the age of 25 in eight countries.
About Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
The elegant and stately Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, opened in May 2014, is located at erengracht 542-556, in six monumental buildings from the 17th and 18th centuries, each with its own story. The entrance and majestic stairs to a design by Daniel Marot, architect of King William III, grant the hotel its grandeur. The hotel has 93 luxurious rooms and suites, the exclusive Guerlain Spa, the two-star restaurant Librije's Zusje and Goldfinch Brasserie. The central location on the most beautiful canal in Amsterdam makes it an ideal place to discover and experience the city in all its forms. For more information, visit www.waldorfastoria.com/amsterdam.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a portfolio of 32 iconic properties that creates a unique sense of place with a relentless commitment to personal service and culinary expertise in landmark locations around the world. Unified by their inspirational environments and True Waldorf Service, Waldorf Astoria hotels deliver graceful service from the moment a guest books through checkout. In addition to the brand’s renowned hotel offerings, Waldorf Astoria boasts a best-in-class residential portfolio, including 18 properties either open or in development, that provide the comfort of a private home combined with the unsurpassed amenities and legendary service of Waldorf Astoria. Waldorf Astoria is a part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Experience Waldorf Astoria by booking at www.waldorfastoria.com or through the Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn about the brand by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/waldorfastoria, and follow Waldorf Astoria on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Spanning five continents with nearly 40 properties, Conrad Hotels & Resorts has created a seamless connection between contemporary design, leading innovation and curated art to inspire the entrepreneurial spirit of the globally connected traveler. Conrad is a place where guests can experience service and style on their own terms – all while connecting with local and global culture. Connect with Conrad by booking at www.conradhotels.com or through the Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn more about the brand by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/conradhotels, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.Download Article Photos