Fountain Lounge and Sazerac Bar Release New Fall & Winter Cocktail Menus at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Historic hotel presents a bevy of libations inspired by New Orleans storied drinking history just in time for the holiday season
NEW ORLEANS - The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel has released several new cocktails inspired by fall and winter ingredients available now in the hotels two famous watering holes, The Sazerac Bar and The Fountain Lounge. Debuting alongside the traditional holiday favorites like Santa’s Cane Cane and Mrs. Claus’ Cookie, the new, modern drinks give a nod to the classics mixed with a few new twists. These libations are sure to get even the most seasoned cocktail enthusiast in the mood for cooler weather and holiday cheer. The Roosevelt invites locals and visitors alike to stop in for a drink and enjoy a bit of seasonal nostalgia.
The Sazerac Bar fall cocktails highlights include:
- Woodsman Old Fashioned, an alpine forested version of the Old Fashioned with Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Génépy des Alpes, maple bitters
- Royal Bermuda Yacht Club, an original of the tiki legend Trader Vic with Bacardi Gran Reserva D ez, Cointreau, falernum, lime
- St. Gustings, a not for the faint of heart tribute to New Orleans barman Paul Gustings with Oxley Gin, Cynar 70, Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao
- The Tuxedo No. 2, a retrospect of the early 1900s with Botan st Gin, Dolan Dry Vermouth, Luxardo Maraschino, Herbsaint rinse, orange bitters
- The Champagne Lady, for the glittering temptress (or one of her admirers) with Tito’s Vodka, St. Germain, lemon, blackberries, sparkling wine
The Fountain Lounge fall cocktails highlights include:
- The Barlett Daisy, a citrus forward cocktail with house-made pear cordial, Maker’s Mark, créme de poire, lemon, seltzer
- Amor Perfecto, a Spanish love note with Espolon Resposado, Parfait l’Amour, maracuya, naranja, pomelo
Fall cocktails available at both The Sazerac and The Fountain Lounge include:
- “Banana’s Foster”, the New Orleans archetypal flambé reimagined as a cocktail with Pierre Ferrand 1840, Bumbu Rum, Tempus Fugit Créme de Banane, brown sugar, cinnamon, cream
“We’re excited to offer our guests and the New Orleans community this new seasonal cocktail menu,” said Bar Manager Hadi Ktiri. “A lot of the drinks contain citrus and seasonal spices that really complement the cooler weather we’re all praying will come to stay soon and play on the storied past of New Orleans’ unique drinking history and culture.”
The Roosevelt is currently celebrating its 125th anniversary. The hotel made its debut in 1893 as the Grunewald Hotel and has been a landmark for luxury in New Orleans ever since. Despite several owners, name changes, and restorations, the reputation of this glorious establishment has remained unblemished for 125 years. The hotel was renamed The Roosevelt by the 1920s. The legendary building has weathered everything from turns of the century to storms of the century, remaining throughout its storied past a hotel that embodies all that makes New Orleans one of the world’s greatest luxury destinations.
Guests are invited to also check out Chef Deborah Heyd’s 125th anniversary themed gingerbread house in Teddy’s Café. It’ will be debuting during the lobby lighting ceremony on Tuesday, Nov. 27th.
For more information visit www.TheRooseveltNewOrleans.com.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a portfolio of 32 iconic properties that creates a unique sense of place with a relentless commitment to personal service and culinary expertise in landmark locations around the world. Unified by their inspirational environments and True Waldorf Service, Waldorf Astoria hotels deliver graceful service from the moment a guest books through checkout. In addition to the brand’s renowned hotel offerings, Waldorf Astoria boasts a best-in-class residential portfolio, including 18 properties either open or in development, that provide the comfort of a private home combined with the unsurpassed amenities and legendary service of Waldorf Astoria. Waldorf Astoria is a part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Experience Waldorf Astoria by booking at www.waldorfastoria.com or through the Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn about the brand by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/waldorfastoria, and follow Waldorf Astoria on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,100 properties with more than 971,000 rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 103 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos