‘Father’s Day Flights’ Debut at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel’s Sazerac Bar
Indulge in a flight of rare whiskeys to celebrate Dad
NEW ORLEANS - To celebrate Father’s Day, The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel is inviting guests and locals to indulge in its “Father’s Day Flights,” a sampling of rare and exquisite whiskeys. The flight will be available in the world-famous Sazerac Bar, June 3 – 16. Flights are $225 per person.
The samplings include:
- Pappy Van Winkle’s 15 Year – The infamous bourbon undisturbed for 15 years to age in deep-charred heavy oak.
- Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye – Named after the New Orleans bartender who first used rye whiskey in the famous Sazerac Cocktail, this uncut and unfiltered straight rye whiskey is bottled directly from the barrel, just as it was over a century ago.
- Jim Beam Distiller’s Masterpiece – The most exclusive, highest quality offering within the Beam family. Finished in PX sherry casks for a smooth, rich, full bodied finish.
- Sazerac 18 Year Rye – This straight rye has a mellow spice, dry sweetness and is the key ingredient in “America’s First Cocktail,” known as the Sazerac.
“We couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate the father figures in our lives than by a sampling of rare whiskeys,” said Director of Outlets Justin Sugerman. “We invite everyone to visit the Sazerac Bar between now and June 16 to spend quality time with their loved ones while enjoying the rare thrill of these exquisite whiskeys.”
In addition to the Father’s Day flights, the hotel is celebrating its historic 125th anniversary throughout the year in a variety of ways, including:
- Fountain Lounge offerings: The Roosevelt New Orleans is delighted to serve Chef Carl’s Fried Chicken every Monday, a Burgers & Bubbles menu every Tuesday, ½ off bottles of wine for Wine Down Wednesdays and a signature po-boy paired with a local brew for Tap Take Over Thursdays.
- Sazerac 125: The Sazerac Bar is serving a limited quantity commemorative “Sazerac 125” cocktail, offering a few discerning guests and locals a chance to take a sip of history. The $125 cocktail includes the rare, famed Thomas Handy Rye Whiskey and comes in a commemorative embossed keepsake glass. Only 125 cocktails will be sold.
- Historic Giveback Campaign: The hotel is inviting guests to return items they’ve collected from the hotel over the years – no questions asked – to be displayed in the hotel lobby. Those who submit will be entered to win a stay at the hotel valued at over $15,000.
- Rooftop pop-up series: Local chefs will venture to the hotel’s pool deck every Thursday until June 13 (rescheduled from June 6).
- Rooftop yoga: Held at the hotel’s rooftop pool bar and cabana, this happy hour with a healthy twist will include a workout, cocktails and food.
- “Pick Three” for $18.93: The Fountain Lounge is offering guests the options to choose three items on the menu for $18.93, a nod to the year 1893 when the hotel first opened. Menu available here.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a portfolio of 32 iconic properties that creates a unique sense of place with a relentless commitment to personal service and culinary expertise in landmark locations around the world. Unified by their inspirational environments and True Waldorf Service, Waldorf Astoria hotels deliver graceful service from the moment a guest books through checkout. In addition to the brand’s renowned hotel offerings, Waldorf Astoria boasts a best-in-class residential portfolio, including 18 properties either open or in development, that provide the comfort of a private home combined with the unsurpassed amenities and legendary service of Waldorf Astoria. Waldorf Astoria is a part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Experience Waldorf Astoria by booking at www.waldorfastoria.com or through the Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn about the brand by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/waldorfastoria, and follow Waldorf Astoria on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,100 properties with more than 971,000 rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 103 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos