Hilton’s Luxury Brands in Asia Celebrated at World Travel Awards 2020
Waldorf Astoria and Conrad hotels in Asia recognized with 31 awards by World Travel Awards; testament to commitment to service excellence and unforgettable experiences
SINGAPORE - The Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts brands, part of Hilton's (NYSE: HLT) Luxury Group, enter the final stretch of the year on a high with multiple wins across the 2020 World Travel Awards.
Topping the ranks in the 27th edition of the World Travel Awards unveiled today, hotels from the iconic Waldorf Astoria and Conrad brands collectively picked up 31 coveted awards across various regional and country categories.
Conrad Hotels & Resorts was crowned Asia’s Leading Luxury Hotel Brand for 2020, with 15 Conrad hotels clinching notable titles across multiple categories. These include Conrad Hangzhou which was named Asia’s Leading New Hotel; Conrad Bangkok as Asia's Leading Luxury Business Hotel 2020 and Asia's Leading Luxury Hotel 2020; and Conrad Koh Samui as Asia’s Leading Honeymoon Resort.
The Waldorf Astoria brand in China and Thailand also received distinguished accolades, with hotels in Beijing, Chengdu, Shanghai and Bangkok topping the list as leading luxury hotels in their respective markets. The iconic Waldorf Astoria Bangkok, which marked the debut of the premier luxury brand of iconic hotels in South East Asia in 2018, was crowned Asia’s Leading Luxury City Hotel 2020, while Waldorf Astoria Beijing took the top spot of China’s Leading Hotel 2020.
These wins come off the back of Hilton’s recent accolades received in the Condé Nast Traveler’s 33rd Annual Readers’ Choice Awards – the longest-running and most prestigious recognition of excellence in the travel industry. The Waldorf Astoria and Conrad hotels across Asia Pacific were recognized with six prestigious property wins – all three Waldorf Astoria hotels in China ranked among the Top 20 Hotels in China, while Conrad hotels and resorts in Bora Bora, the Maldives and Tokyo claimed coveted spots in the respective regions.
“We are truly honored to have 18 of our properties, alongside our Conrad Hotels & Resorts brand, celebrated in this year’s World Travel Awards. This recognition is a tremendous testament to all that our teams are doing across each hotel to deliver inspiring hospitality and exceptional service to our guests,” said Nils-Arne Schroeder, Vice President, Luxury and Lifestyle, Asia Pacific, Hilton. “Having recently emerged amongst the world’s most valued hotels in the Condé Nast Traveler 2020 Readers’ Choice Awards, this series of wins will continue to push us to excel in what we do best – delivering memorable experiences to our guests in each and every one of our Waldorf Astoria and Conrad properties across the region.”
World Travel Awards
Established in 1993, the annual World Travel Awards is judged and determined by accomplished professionals in the travel and tourism industry and everyday travellers. Recognized globally as the pinnacle of industry excellence, the World Travel Awards serves to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence across all sectors of the global travel and tourism industry.
The full list of top honours received by Hilton’s luxury portfolio in the World Travel Awards includes:
- Asia’s Leading Luxury Hotel Brand 2020: Conrad Hotels & Resorts
- Asia's Leading New Hotel 2020: Conrad Hangzhou, China
- Asia's Leading Luxury Business Hotel 2020: Conrad Bangkok, Thailand
- Asia's Leading Luxury Hotel 2020: Conrad Bangkok, Thailand
- Asia's Leading Honeymoon Resort 2020: Conrad Koh Samui, Thailand
- Asia's Leading Luxury City Hotel 2020: Waldorf Astoria Bangkok, Thailand
- China's Leading Hotel 2020: Waldorf Astoria Beijing
- China's Leading Luxury Hotel 2020: Waldorf Astoria Chengdu
- China's Leading New Hotel 2020: Conrad Hangzhou
- China's Leading Resort 2020: Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay
- China's Leading Beach Resort 2020: Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay
- China's Leading Family Resort 2020: Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay
- China's Leading Hotel Suite 2020: Presidential Suite @ Conrad Beijing
- Beijing's Leading Business Hotel 2020: Conrad Beijing
- Beijing's Leading Hotel 2020: Conrad Beijing
- Beijing's Leading Luxury Hotel 2020: Waldorf Astoria Beijing
- Shanghai's Leading Luxury Hotel 2020: Waldorf Astoria, Shanghai on the Bund
- Shanghai's Leading Hotel Suite 2020: Waldorf Astoria, Shanghai on the Bund
- Guangdong's Leading Hotel 2020: Conrad Guangzhou
- Guangdong's Leading Hotel Suite 2020: Presidential Suite @ Conrad Guangzhou
- Sichuan's Leading Hotel 2020: Waldorf Astoria Chengdu
- Sichuan's Leading Hotel Suite 2020: Waldorf Astoria Chengdu
- Fujian's Leading Business Hotel 2020: Conrad Xiamen
- Hong Kong's Leading City Hotel 2020: Conrad Hong Kong
- Maharashtra's Leading Business Hotel 2020: Conrad Pune
- Japan's Leading City Hotel 2020: Conrad Osaka
- Japan's Leading Business Hotel 2020: Conrad Tokyo
- South Korea's Leading Hotel 2020: Conrad Seoul
- South Korea's Leading Hotel Suite 2020: Penthouse Suite @ Conrad Seoul
- Philippines' Leading Conference Hotel 2020: Conrad Manila
- Singapore's Leading Conference Hotel 2020: Conrad Centennial Singapore
For more information on the awarding body and list of award winners, please visit the website here – World Travel Awards.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a portfolio of nearly 35 iconic properties that creates a unique sense of place with a relentless commitment to personal service and culinary expertise in landmark locations around the world. Unified by their inspirational environments and True Waldorf Service, Waldorf Astoria hotels deliver graceful service from the moment a guest books through checkout. In addition to the brand’s renowned hotel offerings, Waldorf Astoria boasts a best-in-class residential portfolio that provides the comfort of a private home combined with the unsurpassed amenities and legendary service of Waldorf Astoria. Waldorf Astoria is part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Experience a positive stay at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts by booking at waldorfastoria.com or through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Learn more about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts at newsroom.hilton.com/waldorfastoria, and follow the brand on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,700 properties and more than 1 million rooms, in 122 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2021 World’s Best Workplaces list, and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for five consecutive years. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the nearly 123 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Spanning five continents with 40 properties, Conrad Hotels & Resorts has created a seamless connection between contemporary design, leading innovation and curated art to inspire the entrepreneurial spirit of the globally connected traveler. Conrad is a place where guests can experience service and style on their own terms — all while connecting with local and global culture. Experience a positive stay at Conrad Hotels & Resorts by booking at conradhotels.com or through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Learn more about Conrad Hotels & Resorts at newsroom.hilton.com/conradhotels, and follow the brand on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.Download Article Photos