Tru by Hilton Debuts in Portland, Maine
New midscale hotel opens in the heart of Southern Maine near local attractions and dining
PORTLAND, Maine - Hilton's (NYSE: HLT) new, midscale hotel brand, Tru by Hilton, today announced the opening of its newest property, Tru by Hilton Portland. The 98-room hotel, located at 369 Maine Mall Road in South Portland, is owned by VanSleep, LLC - Joe VanWhy and managed by InnDeavor Development Corp. The new hotel is conveniently located near the Portland International Jetport, Maine Mall, and serves as a great base for visitors travelling to the Old Port, Portland Headlight, Casco Bay, and Old Orchard Beach.
"We are extremely proud to join the Tru by Hilton brand and introduce travelers to this new midscale lodging offering," said Joe Baillargeon, general manager. "Our ideal location, unique set of offerings and affordable price make us a desirable choice for guests visiting the Southern Maine area."
Tru by Hilton promises guests a simplified and spirited stay, grounded in value. Developed from the ground up using consumer and owner feedback, Tru by Hilton is a game-changer that appeals cross-generationally to travelers looking for an innovative, affordable hotel experience. Tru by Hilton properties offer the following features:
- All new-build hotels, which drive the consistency of experience for our guests
- Reimagined, enlarged lobby with 2,880 square feet ofpublic space with areas to work, play games, eat or lounge
- Breakfast reinvented with a build-your-own complimentary "Top It" breakfast bar that has 30 sweet and savory toppings so guests cancreatetheir own healthy or indulgent morning masterpieces
- Rooms are smaller and more efficiently designed with comfortable beds and 55" TVs. Bright, all-shower bathrooms feature premium bath amenities from Not Soap Radio.
- National and local brand gourmet snacks and drinks - including single-serve beer and wine - are available 24/7 in the "Eat. & Sip." market located in the heart of the lobby
- Tech savvy hotel with mobile check-in, Digital Key, free Wi-Fi, remote printing, social media wall, lobby and market tablets, super-charging stations and accessibility to outlets everywhere
- A fitness center that leverages the latest fitness trends through barre, TRX bands, free weights, cardio and flexibility gear, plus guests can get workout ideas from the fitness center tablet.
Tru by Hilton Portland is part of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton's hotel brands. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels save time and money and gain instant access to the benefits they care about most, such as an exclusive member discount, free Wi-Fi and a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay. Members can also redeem their Points for free nights, to gain access to unique events through the Hilton Honors auction platform or to make purchases with at Amazon.com with Amazon Shop with Points.
To make a reservation, visit Tru by Hilton Portland or call +1 207 221 3131.
About Tru by Hilton
Tru by Hilton is a game-changing hotel brand with more than 60 open locations across North America where guests don’t have to compromise between a consistent, fun and affordable hotel stay. Spirited, simplified, and grounded in value, Tru by Hilton is designed for cross-generational appeal, with a large, reimagined public space where guests can work, play, lounge, and eat, and efficiently designed modern guestrooms that feature a rolling desk, oversized windows for natural light, and bright, spacious bathrooms. Guests can enjoy complimentary amenities, including a free build-your-own ‘Top It’ hot breakfast with both healthy and indulgent items and more than 35 toppings; a multifunctional fitness center; and fast WiFi. Premium snacks, light meal options and single-serve wine and beer are available for purchase at the 24/7 Eat. & Sip. market. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Learn more at www.trubyhilton.com or newsroom.hilton.com/trubyhilton, and connect with Tru by Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 17 world-class brands comprising more than 5,700 properties with more than 923,000 rooms, in 113 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton earned a spot on the 2018 world’s best workplaces list, and has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 89 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.