Motto by Hilton Delivers Affordable Style in Coveted Urban Destinations
Hilton’s new lifestyle, micro-hotel brand offers customizable rooms, coveted urban destinations and competitive rates that create a new type of stay for all guests
MCLEAN, Va. - Motto by Hilton is a new, lifestyle micro-hotel brand that empowers guests by giving them the freedom to create their own experiences in the world’s most sought-after cities, whether traveling or stopping in for work or play, solo or in a group. Motto brings together the best elements of a lifestyle hotel – efficient guest rooms, activated social spaces, centrally located urban destinations and locally inspired design and food & beverage – to deliver a flexible and innovative hospitality experience.
The Making of Motto
Motto by Hilton takes a fresh approach to modern travel culture. It is a micro-hotel with an urban vibe in prime global locations.
Hilton evaluated the emerging lifestyle and shared accommodations model globally to understand the opportunity to enhance the concept. But, extensive research showed that travelers who stay in shared accommodations, in fact, do not like rooming with strangers and often book just with their friends or family. They want more from their stay experience but are limited by current options in the market.
As it evaluated the existing market, Hilton quickly understood that what these travelers wanted was an affordable urban lifestyle brand – one that combined comfort and accessibility with travel and lifestyle trends that centered around:
- Prime Locations: It’s about giving travelers access to the best location - being in the heart of the city and in the most popular neighborhoods. Right neighborhoods make a difference.
- Authenticity: What does it mean to be “here”? Locality breeds identity, community, and ultimately, a sense of place.
- Affordability: Competitive rates that open the doors to cities and locations that travelers didn’t think they could afford.
- Flexibility: One size doesn’t fit all — choice is paramount. Multi-purpose spaces are growing in popularity because of the flexibility they afford.
“Following extensive market research that focused on consumers’ needs and wants, we discovered the opportunity for a brand that offers travelers a trifecta of centrally located, reasonably priced and less traditional lodging that provide a one-of-a-kind experience,” said Jon Witter, chief customer officer, Hilton. “These findings led us to create Motto by Hilton, a flexible environment that allows guests to design their stay, their way.”
The Motto Way
Motto by Hilton hotels around the world show off their flexibility through spaces that have been cleverly designed, technology that makes traveling seamless and a standout sleep experience that makes recharging easier than ever.
- Guest Rooms: With an average footprint of 163 square feet or 14 square meters, the highly efficient rooms include space-saving features such as wall-beds, lofted beds, segmented shower and toilet stalls, and multi-functional furniture that can be discreetly stowed when not in use.
- Linking Rooms: Eliminating the hassle of coordinating travel for larger groups, Motto by Hilton hotels has the option for guests to book multiple connecting rooms in advance.
- Connected Room: All Motto by Hilton rooms are outfitted with Hilton’s Connected Room technology – the first mobile-centric hotel offering that allows guests to control features in their room (i.e., temperature, lighting, TV, window coverings, etc.) from their Hilton Honors mobile app.
- Elevated Sleep Experience: Motto by Hilton hotels put an emphasis on a premium sleep experience. Whether it is a premium mattress; a white noise app; blackout window shades; or sound absorbing materials throughout the room, Motto by Hilton is sleep-obsessed and prioritizes quality sleep for every traveler.
- Motto Commons: The Commons is a dynamic, activated community hub that Is used by guests and locals for work and play, and has varied seating types (work, group, lounge), convenient power plugs and offers coffee, a bar and check in.
“Motto by Hilton emphasizes our relentless commitment to creating innovative brands that meet what today’s travelers want,” said Phil Cordell, global head of new brand development, Hilton. “The unmatched flexibility of Motto offers tremendous value by empowering travelers to tailor every stay to their specific needs.”
While Motto by Hilton prices vary by market, each property offers competitive rates that make it a viable option for travelers who typically stay with friends or family or seek out temporary housing options when traveling to urban markets.
Motto on the Move
This global brand will continue to be made up of a carefully curated portfolio of hotels in the most desirable urban destinations throughout Europe, the Americas, the Middle East and Asia Pacific.
Motto by Hilton hotels are located in prime neighborhoods, with deals in various stages of development in exciting urban destinations like: Atlanta, Lima, Savannah, San Diego, Brooklyn and Washington, D.C., – to name a few.
“We’ve deconstructed the traditional hospitality experience to create something truly fresh and exciting,” said Tripp McLaughlin, global head, Motto by Hilton. "This will be a global brand, heavily targeting the destinations where our connected and confident travelers want to travel to the most.”
As part of Hilton, Motto by Hilton invites guests to enjoy benefits of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton’s distinct hotel brands. Members who book directly with Hilton have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount, free standard Wi-Fi and the Hilton Honors mobile app.
About Motto by Hilton
Motto by Hilton is an urban, lifestyle hotel brand with nearly 15 properties under development in prime urban locations globally. Motto by Hilton caters to travelers looking for value and one-of-a-kind experiences by bringing together the best elements of a lifestyle hotel – efficient guest rooms, activated social spaces, centrally located urban destinations and locally inspired design and food and beverage. At its core, Motto delivers a flexible and innovative hospitality experience through elements like first-of-its-kind linking rooms for group travel, and vibrant communal spaces with access to check in and a coffee house and bar for work and social use by guests and locals alike. Motto is part of the award-winning Hilton Honors guest loyalty program. Visit newsroom.hilton.com/motto for more information and connect with Motto on Facebook and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,500 properties and more than one million rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2020 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2020 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 115 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy. With the free Hilton Honors mobile app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.