All Suites Brands by Hilton Expand Footprint of Downtown and Airport Locations
Category collectively opened 54 properties in first half of the year
MCLEAN, Va. - With over 1,075 open properties, the All Suites brands by Hilton, consisting of Embassy Suites by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, and Home2 Suites by Hilton, had a Q2 marked by expansion particularly into airport and urban locations. Together, they opened 33 properties this quarter, including nine in key airport and downtown areas, two dual-brands, and two Canadian openings.
In addition to opening more than 30 properties in Q2, the All Suites brands by Hilton have nearly 600 properties in the pipeline. This growth is reflected in quickly approaching milestones for both Homewood Suites by Hilton, which is on pace to open its 500th property in Q3, and Home2 Suites by Hilton, which is on pace to open its 400th property in the first quarter of 2020.
“As a category, the All Suites brands by Hilton pride themselves on being responsive to travelers’ preferences, and this includes working to grow our footprint so that we have a presence everywhere our loyal guests want to stay,” said Dianna Vaughan, global head and senior vice president, All Suites brands by Hilton. “By using innovative building models, such as multi-brand properties, adaptive re-use and modular construction, we have been able to expand into traditionally high-barrier-to-entry downtown markets as well as key airport proximate locations.”
Brand Achievements and Upcoming Milestones
In the second quarter of 2019, the All Suites brands have had success, both individually and as a category, and continue to make major strides towards new milestones.
All Suites brands by Hilton:
- In March, the category launched the Clean the World Challenge alongside Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton by Hilton. After only a few months, they collectively blew past the original goal of collecting enough bars of soap left behind by guests to be recycled into 1 million bars of new soap by Global Handwashing Day on October 15. As such, a new goal of 2 million bars has been set.
Embassy Suites by Hilton:
- In keeping with the category’s use of innovative building models to grow in urban and downtown areas, the upcoming Embassy Suites by Hilton Knoxville Downtown, slated to open early in the fourth quarter this year, is an adaptive re-use of the William F. Conley Building, a 13-story former condo and office building that also housed a bank.
Homewood Suites by Hilton:
- Recently opened Homewood Suites by Hilton Steamboat Springs embodies the brand’s flexibility, with a central location in the heart of the Rocky Mountains that gives guests the value-added offerings that both business and leisure travelers are looking for when in the area.
- To commemorate the brand’s 30th anniversary, global head Rick Colling has been visiting Homewood Suites by Hilton properties from New York to Monterrey, Mexico. To follow along use the hashtag #HomewoodSuites30.
Home2 Suites by Hilton:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton opened 25 properties, bringing their current number to 332 open properties and putting them easily on pace to hit their milestone 400th property in the first quarter of next year.
Throughout the second quarter of 2019, the All Suites brands by Hilton continued to use innovative building methods to expand their footprint both domestically and abroad. New properties include:
Embassy Suites by Hilton:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids Downtown: Part of the category’s growing downtown footprint, this property is proximate to both tourism and business destinations like the Grand River and DeVos Place Convention Center in the Monroe North business district.
Homewood Suites by Hilton:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown South Loop: Located in the heart of Chicago’s downtown, this property is a dual-brand with Hilton Garden Inn, a model that drives efficiencies through shared construction and zoning and which provides multiple price points and room types all under one roof.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport: Just three miles from SLC International Airport, this property is proximate to prime leisure destinations like Vivint Smart Home Arena, the home of the Utah Jazz, and is in the central hub for Salt Lake City professional businesses.
Home2 Suites by Hilton:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Toronto Brampton: Another dual-brand property with Hilton Garden Inn, this location is part of the category’s continued expansion into key Canadian markets, providing a versatile option for guests visiting Toronto, the leading city in Canada for tourism.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North: This property was built just minutes from downtown San Francisco using modular construction, going from groundbreaking to opening in just 16 months, a fraction of the typical construction time in the Bay Area.
The All Suites brands by Hilton grew their pipeline with 30 new signed deals in the second quarter of 2019, bringing the total combined pipeline to nearly 600 pending hotels. Notable signed deals, reflecting the category’s continued growth into downtown areas as well as key business and tourism destinations, include Home2 Suites by Hilton Oceanside, California, Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Myers Beach Sanibel Gateway, Florida, and the Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville Downtown the Gulch, Tennessee.
About Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Hilton’s upscale, all-suite, extended-stay hotel brand with more than 500 locations in the United States, Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean, with 115 properties in the pipeline, is an award-winning leader. The first choice for guests seeking comfortable accommodations when traveling for extended or quick overnight stays, Homewood Suites offers inviting, generous suites featuring separate living and sleeping areas, and fully equipped kitchens with full-size refrigerators. Additional value-driven essentials include complimentary internet, a daily full hot breakfast, and complimentary evening socials every Monday - Thursday. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard WiFi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app. Homewood Suites is focused on guest satisfaction and stands behind each stay with its 100% Suite Assurance® guarantee. For more information on the extended-stay advantage, visit www.homewoodsuites.com or newsroom.hilton.com/homewoodsuites, and connect with Homewood Suites on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Embassy Suites by Hilton
Embassy Suites by Hilton, one of Hilton’s 18 market-leading brands, is dedicated to delivering what matters most to travelers. The full-service, upscale brand offers two-room suites, free made-to-order breakfast and a nightly two-hour reception with complimentary drinks and snacks. Both leisure and business travelers looking for a relaxed, yet sophisticated experience will feel right at home with brand-standard amenities like inviting atriums and complimentary 24-hour business and fitness centers. Embassy Suites by Hilton has 259 hotels with 41 in the pipeline. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard WiFi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app. For more information, visit www.embassysuites.com or newsroom.hilton.com/embassysuites, and connect with Embassy Suites by Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
About Home2 Suites by Hilton
Home2 Suites by Hilton, one of the fastest-growing brands in Hilton’s history, is a mid-tier, all-suite, award-winning extended-stay hotel concept designed to offer stylish accommodations with flexible guestroom configurations and inspired amenities for the cost-conscious guest. With a commitment to environmentally friendly products and hotel operations, Home2 Suites offers complimentary breakfast selections with hundreds of combinations; innovative and customizable guestroom designs; laundry and fitness areas; complimentary WiFi; multiple outdoor spaces; 24-hour business centers; expansive community spaces; and pet-friendly environments. Home2 Suites by Hilton has 411 hotels with 447 in the pipeline. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard WiFi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app. Visit www.home2suites.com or newsroom.hilton.com/home2suites for additional information, or here for franchising opportunities. Connect with Home2 Suites on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.Download Article Photos