Third Quarter Marked by Growth and Milestones for All Suites Brands by Hilton
Brand Category Unveils First Modular Build Hotel, Opens First Tri-brand Hotel and Celebrates 1,000th Opened Property
MCLEAN, Va. - The All Suites brands by Hilton, consisting of Embassy Suites by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, and Home2 Suites by Hilton, are in the midst of one of their most successful years on record. To date, the year has been marked by rapid growth across all three brands and numerous milestones including, the opening of the 1,000th All Suites property, unveiling of the category’s first modular build hotel, and being part of Hilton’s first opened tri-branded property. In fact, by the end of the third quarter, the brands had already surpassed their growth goals for 2018 and are on pace to end the year with a pipeline of over 580 pending properties.
Additionally, the All Suites brands by Hilton footprint continues to expand into important urban and ‘surban’ locations opening notable new properties in Chicago, Los Angeles and Atlanta, as well as coastal destinations like Honolulu and St Augustine, Fla.
“The combination of innovative development and operational strategies in 2018 has resulted in a year of incredible achievement for our brands,” said Dianna Vaughan, global head and senior vice president, All Suites brands by Hilton. “The All Suites brands have been part of major milestones for the Hilton portfolio and we’re exceeding our growth targets, all while laying the foundation for an even stronger 2019.”
Brand Achievements and Upcoming Milestones
In addition to collectively reaching their 1,000th property, each individual brand from the All Suites portfolio achieved notable milestones in 2018, executing innovative brand initiatives along the way.
Embassy Suites by Hilton:
- Understanding the importance of staying attuned to the evolving needs of travelers and their expectations of hotel common areas, Embassy Suites by Hilton launched the Atrium Refresh program. More than 90 hotels have now completed the renovation that transforms the brand’s signature, open-air atriums into intimate social lobbies, while also enhancing guest suites, meeting spaces, and other communal areas of the hotels. By the end of 2019, more than 75 percent of hotels within the brand’s footprint will have completed the Atrium Refresh.
Homewood Suites by Hilton:
- The brand announced Rick Colling, as its new Global Head. Adrian Kurre remains global head of Home2 Suites by Hilton. Colling was promoted from Vice President of Brand Performance and Support. His extensive expertise and experience within the Homewood Suites brand has already driven strong results, mostly notably for the brand’s Take Flight renovation initiative. Over 200 Homewood Suites by Hilton properties have now completed the innovative design platform to retrofit existing properties with optimizations to create a new ambiance both in-suite and in the communal spaces. By year’s end, more than 230 properties will have completed Take Flight, with the remainder taking place in 2019, coinciding with the brand’s 30th anniversary.
Home2 Suites by Hilton:
- This year, Home2 Suites by Hilton opened its milestone 250th property, the Home2 Suites by Hilton Orlando South Park. The brand continued its incredibly strong growth, as one of the fastest growing brands in the Hilton portfolio and hospitality industry as a whole, and is already scheduled to open its 300th property by early 2019. Southern Hospitality Services broke ground on the Home2 Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport North, the first modular construction project for Home2 Suites by Hilton. The property is pioneering the innovative building technique as the first modular build in the Bay Area.
In the third quarter of 2018, the All Suites brands by Hilton continued to set the pace for the hospitality industry in innovative development strategies and international growth with a fleet of new property openings including:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton San Antonio Landmark: Part of the brand’s focus on increasing urban locations, the hotel is located in a bustling city within one of the country’s largest states and just a short drive from many exciting local attractions.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton South Bend at Notre Dame: Opening just in time for college football season, the hotel offers another location in a high-demand area for travelers across the country during the school year.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Edina Minneapolis: Located just outside downtown Minneapolis in the picturesque surban location of Edina, the hotel is just a short drive away from the famed Mall of America and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland Airport: The brand delivered a prime location for travelers in the up and coming Northwest tourist hub with a complimentary airport shuttle that also drives guests to local attractions within a three-mile radius of the hotel.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Chicago McCormick Place: Part of Hilton’s first ever tri-branded hotel, this property shares a roof with Hampton by Hilton and Hilton Garden Inn and is located steps from the largest convention center in North America, McCormick Place.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Los Angeles Montebello: This lakeside property is just minutes from the great tourist attractions of the City of Angels, from Dodger Stadium and the Staples Center, to theme parks for the whole family.
The All Suites brands by Hilton grew its pipeline this year with 138 new signed deals between the beginning of Q1 and end of Q3, bringing the total combined pipeline to over 580 pending hotels. Notable signed deals include:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Waco: Parents of students and alumni from Baylor University will soon have another convenient location to enjoy an extended stay back on campus. The property is slated to open in late 2021.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Honolulu International Airport: The brand is saying, “Aloha” to Hawaii providing trusted extended stay accommodations in one of the country’s most visited tropical vacation havens. This addition to All Suites brand’s strong portfolio of vacation destinations is slated to open summer 2021.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Euless DFW West: Home2 Suites by Hilton is delivering another outstanding lodging option for travelers moving through one of the country’s busiest flying hubs, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. The estimated arrival date for this key airport location is early 2020.
About Home2 Suites by Hilton
Home2 Suites by Hilton, one of the fastest-growing brands in Hilton’s history, is a mid-tier, all-suite, award-winning extended-stay hotel concept designed to offer stylish accommodations with flexible guest room configurations and inspired amenities for the cost-conscious guest. With a commitment to environmentally friendly products and hotel operations, Home2 Suites offers complimentary breakfast selections with hundreds of combinations; innovative and customizable guest room designs; laundry and fitness areas; complimentary WiFi; multiple outdoor spaces; 24-hour business centers; expansive community spaces; and pet-friendly environments. Home2 Suites by Hilton has 350 hotels with 445 in the pipeline. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard WiFi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app. Visit www.home2suites.com or newsroom.hilton.com/home2suites for additional information, or here for franchising opportunities. Connect with Home2 Suites on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 17 world-class brands comprising nearly 6,000 properties with more than 954,000 rooms, in 117 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton earned a spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 100 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Embassy Suites by Hilton
Embassy Suites by Hilton, one of Hilton’s 17 market-leading brands, is dedicated to delivering what matters most to travelers. The full-service, upscale brand offers two-room suites, free made-to-order breakfast and a nightly two-hour reception with complimentary drinks and snacks. Both leisure and business travelers looking for a relaxed, yet sophisticated experience will feel right at home with brand-standard amenities like inviting atriums and complimentary 24-hour business and fitness centers. Embassy Suites by Hilton has 254 hotels with 43 in the pipeline. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard WiFi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app. For more information, visit www.embassysuites.com or newsroom.hilton.com/embassysuites, and connect with Embassy Suites by Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
About Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Hilton’s upscale, all-suite, extended-stay hotel brand with 500 locations in the United States, Mexico, and Canada, is an award-winning leader. The first choice for guests seeking comfortable accommodations when traveling for extended or quick overnight stays, Homewood Suites offers inviting, generous suites featuring separate living and sleeping areas, and fully-equipped kitchens with full-size refrigerators. Additional value-driven essentials include complimentary internet, a daily full hot breakfast, and complimentary evening socials every Monday - Thursday. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard WiFi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app. Homewood Suites is focused on guest satisfaction and stands behind each stay with its 100% Suite Assurance® guarantee. For more information on the extended-stay advantage, visit www.homewoodsuites.com or newsroom.hilton.com/homewoodsuites, and connect with Homewood Suites on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.Download Article Photos