D9 Cakery Partners With Valrhona for a New Premium Cocoa-Inspired Collection
Introducing 18 creations of artisanal cakes, French pastries and limited edition bonbons
SINGAPORE - D9 Cakery of Hilton Singapore and Valrhona, the French royalty of cocoa since 1922, are teaming up to elevate the city’s cake standards to another level. This September, the duo will present 18 premium cocoa-inspired creations with an eclectic mix of flavours, textures and chocolate intensities from artisanal origami cakes to Instagram-worthy, fruit-inspired French pastries, limited-edition bonbons and the showstopper of all, the Double Chocolate Cake.
Starting from the top on the must-try list is the Double Chocolate Cake that is poised to be one of the best quality chocolate cakes in town. A sheer decadence with eight layers of quality Valrhona chocolates and moist yoghurt cocoa sponge, the Double Chocolate Cake uses two types of premium Valrhona chocolates; Sakanti Bali 68%, an aromatic dark chocolate with hints of toasted nut flavours and Itakuja 55%, a rounded dark cocoa with hints of passion fruit flavours that is priced at $6 per slice and $55 for a 1 kilogram whole cake.
Next in line on the must-try list is the origami collection of Rhubarb Origami Amour and Sakura Origami Ruby. These two cakes represent the epitome of artisanal cakes with definitive origami shapes of charming flavour profiles. The former is an origami heart shaped cake with tarty rhubarb compote well balanced with Valrhona Strawberry Inspiration chocolate, chamomile tea jelly, vanilla bourbon mousse and almond sponge. The latter takes on the shape of a pink sakura flower origami with sweet raspberry crémeux paired with light TWG sakura tea mousse and crunchy matcha tea dacquoise with Valrhona Raspberry Inspiration chocolate. The origami cakes are available in 800 grams, priced at $75 each.
Fruit lovers will fall into a fruity affair with the Instagram-worthy fruit series of three fruit-shaped French pastries, including the Mangue (Mango), Cerise (Cherry) and Poire (Pear), each priced from $8 per piece.
- Mangue: This mango-shaped pastry is filled with fresh mango cubes and oozy mango lava tossed with lemongrass zest, TWG alfonso tea (black tea and mango), Valrhona Inspiration Passion Fruit chocolate and almond sponge.
- Cerise: Taking the shape of a cherry with a glistening maroon glaze that unveils tarty Morello cherries balanced with fragrant rosemary lava, light vanilla bourbon mousse, Valrhona Inspiration Raspberry chocolate and almond sponge.
- Poire: A light flavoured pastry that is shaped like a Williams pear with refreshing real pear cubes and mint flavours combined with TWG crème caramel tea infused mousse, Valrhona Inspiration Yuzu chocolate and almond sponge.
Other D9 creations with premium Valrhona chocolate include:
- New Café Caramelia: A perfect afternoon treat embellished in shades of glossy brown, black and white hues for the coffee lovers with layers of intense coffee crémeux, well-balanced with Valrhona Caramélia chocolate and chocolate almond sponge.
- New Valrhona Chocolate Brownie: A premium fudgy homemade brownie using fine quality Valrhona P125 Guanaja dark chocolate that is a less sweet option.
- Royal Hazel: An all-time favourite of royal chocolatey delight featuring rich hazelnut Gianduja combined with premium Valrhona Caraïbe 66% dark chocolate and Jivara 40% creamy milk chocolate mixed between layers of crispy feuilletine for the added crunch.
- Forêt Noire (Black Forest): A modern take on this classic favourite with 70% dark Guanaja chocolate sponge topped with Kirsch-soaked Morello cherries, folded into light French Chantilly cream.
D9 Cakery will also be welcoming a limited edition bonbon and tablet collection presented by Valrhona master pastry chef trainer Jérémy Aspa. Hailing from France with over 7 years of experience as a Valrhona pastry chef trainer, Chef Aspa will showcase his mastery of chocolate with six exclusive Valrhona bonbon creations and two chocolate tablets. The six capsule-shaped bonbons are priced at $4 each, all curated with an intricate selection of flavours including:
- Black Forest Bonbon - Tulakalum 75% dark chocolate ganache with cherry and vanilla
- Dulexo – Caramelized ganache with a mix of exotic fruits
- Comet Caramel - Tanariva 33% sweet caramel milk chocolate
- Truffle Opalys Coco - Opalys 33% white chocolate and coconut flakes
- Tender Rock - Bitter lactée 39% milk chocolate with crushed hazelnuts
- Raspberry Garden - Valrhona Raspberry Inspiration chocolate with red fruit bits
The 100 gram chocolate tablets each priced at $10, come in two flavours of Tab Like A Cookie; rich Valrhona milk chocolate with cookie crumbs and a healthier option of Museli Tab; a mix of cereals combined with dried red fruit and Valrhona white chocolate.
Lobby Level, Hilton Singapore
581 Orchard Road, Singapore 238883
10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Daily)
All prices printed herein are subject to seven percent GST and 10 percent service charge.
Media can access additional information about Hilton Singapore at newsroom.hilton.com/singapore.
About D9 Cakery
D9 Cakery is a modern, artisanal patisserie, which specialises in creating handcrafted desserts that look like edible art pieces. Displayed within an impressive six-metre long glass showcase, each drawer opens to reveal delicious delights of homemade cakes, pastries, artfully crafted pralines and macarons for guests to choose from. Using only the finest ingredients, D9 Cakery’s creations combine the best of local flavours and international favourites. Visit hiltonsingaporerestaurants.com/d9cakery for more information and follow us on Instagram (@d9cakery).
Valrhona has been the partner of masters of flavour since 1922. We believe that together we can imagine the best of chocolate. By joining Valrhona, you play a vital part in helping the world of chocolate become more sustainable. Together, we imagine the best in selecting and growing rare cocoas to promote cocoa diversity. We imagine the best in chocolate making, widening the palette of flavours with our extensive range of high quality chocolate couvertures, bonbons, decors and chocolates for gourmets. We imagine the best in promoting and sharing gastronomy expertise through our Ecole and world-renowned events.
About Hilton Singapore
Hilton Singapore is an institution in Singapore’s hospitality scene, being among the first international hotels to bring its trademark level of service excellence and culinary innovation to the city-state. Located in the heart of fashionable Orchard Road, the city’s most popular shopping and dining district, the 423-room hotel is a superb venue for both the business and leisure clientele. The stylish, contemporary rooms and suites offer modern amenities and equipped with WiFi capabilities. The hotel also offers guests quality dining experience in its award-winning restaurants. The hotel’s central location makes it an ideal choice for meetings and conferences. The Grand Ballroom can accommodate up to 500 guests and a further 11 versatile function rooms all fully equipped with natural daylight and advanced multimedia equipment that provide options for events and meetings of any nature. Visit singapore.hilton.com for more information, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram (@Hilton.Singapore).
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton Hotels & Resorts has set the benchmark for hospitality around the world, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. With 580 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties are located in the world’s most sought-after destinations for guests who know that where they stay matters. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Begin your journey at www.hiltonhotels.com, and learn more by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/hhr and following Hilton Hotels & Resorts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.