Hilton Hotels & Resorts Recruits Business Travelers for Bootcamp
Hilton’s flagship brand empowers young professionals to #GoBoss with interactive reception at New York Hilton Midtown
MCLEAN, Va. - Tonight, Hilton Hotels & Resorts is hosting a Business Travel Bootcamp in New York City, arming hundreds of young professionals and aspiring road warriors with insider tips on how to maximize their time on the road this year. The RSVP-only event, taking place at New York Hilton Midtown from 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., was organized to help the next generation of professionals navigate challenges that traveling for business can bring.
“With more than 575 hotels worldwide and 100 years in hospitality, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has long served as a leader in and destination for business travelers,” said Vera Manoukian, senior vice president and global head, Hilton Hotels & Resorts. “Tonight’s event will equip young professionals with the travel tools they need to be successful – while also allowing us to have an open dialogue so that we can continue to innovate and exceed their expectations.”
Last summer, Hilton Hotels & Resorts commissioned a survey of business travelers ages 23-35, which revealed overwhelmingly positive feelings towards work travel:
- Work Perks: Seventy-five percent of young professionals consider business travel a work perk
- Loyalty Life: Seventy-four percent say hotel points or airline miles are a top benefit of work travel
- Career Deal Breaker: Thirty-nine percent go so far as to say they wouldn’t take a job that didn’t allow them to travel for business
- Parents On-the-Go: Sixty-two percent of parents create reasons to travel for business
Findings also illuminated sources of tension and challenges for today’s new business travelers:
- Road Warrior Workouts: Sixty-five percent admit that they regularly pack workout gear, but end up not using it; 44 percent have gained weight due to traveling for business
- Expense Anxiety: Forty-three percent often misunderstand what can be expensed and end up owing their company money
- Sunday Scaries: Thirty-eight percent start to feel stressed and can’t enjoy the weekend when anticipating business travel the next week
- Bleisure Stress: Sixty-nine percent wish they could extend their trip for leisure, but 46 percent admit they feel guilty about doing so
When staying with Hilton, business travelers can find an array of solutions to combat the challenges they face:
- In addition to earning Points, Hilton Honors, Hilton’s free-to-join loyalty program, offers instant benefits and helps put members in control of their stay experience. Through the award-winning mobile app, members can check in, choose their room and access their room using a Digital Key directly from their smartphone.
- With Five Feet to Fitness, maintaining a wellness regime is as easy as rolling out of bed. The revolutionary in-room wellness concept brings 11 different fitness equipment and accessory options into the guest room itself.
- Inspired by Travel with Purpose, Hilton’s approach to responsible travel and tourism, Meet with Purpose allows meeting professionals to choose from a variety of health-conscious menu packages. Favorites include “Yoga and Yogurt”– which offers yoga classes followed by a gourmet yogurt bar – or the “Cut & Create” salad – an interactive dining experience that lets attendees customize their meal from a unique, custom-made wood display of fresh greens and accoutrements.
For more tips, plus additional information on the Hilton Hotels & Resorts’ New Business Traveler initiative, visit newsroom.hilton.com/newbusinesstraveler or follow along on social via Facebook (@Hilton), Instagram (@hiltonhotels) and Twitter (@hiltonhotels) using the hashtag, #GoBoss.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton Hotels & Resorts has set the benchmark for hospitality around the world, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. With 580 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties are located in the world’s most sought-after destinations for guests who know that where they stay matters. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Begin your journey at www.hiltonhotels.com, and learn more by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/hhr and following Hilton Hotels & Resorts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.