Hilton Athens Recognised As Greece’s Leading Business Hotel At 2016 World Travel Awards In Europe
23rd Edition Sees Hilton Worldwide Properties and Brands Scoop 29 Awards
ATHENS, Greece - Hilton Athens has been recognised as Greece's Leading Business hotel for a second consecutive year at the 23rd edition of the prestigious World Travel Awards, recognised across the globe as the most prominent and comprehensive benchmark for excellence in the industry.
At the 2016 Europe Gala Ceremony, held in Sardinia, Italy on 4 September, Hilton Athens scooped one of 29 awards won by Hilton Worldwide properties and brands, as voted for by travel and tourism professionals globally. For the third year in a row, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has been named Europe's Leading Hotel Brand in 2016, further reinforcing its position as the stylish, forward-thinking leader in hospitality and reflecting its presence in 31 countries and territories across Europe.
Bart van de Winkel, Area General Manager, Hilton Athens, said, "We are honoured to have been recognised by the World Travel Awards 2016, especially for a second consecutive year. This recognition is testament of our commitment towards excellence and for providing an exceptional guest experience, and is a reflection of the hotel's exceptional team members and facilities."
Hilton Worldwide was recognised in the following categories at the 2016 World Travel Awards for Europe:
- Europe's Leading Airport Hotel: Hilton London Heathrow Airport
- Europe's Leading Conference Hotel: Hilton Molino Stucky Venice
- Europe's Leading Hotel Brand: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Europe's Leading Luxury City Resort: Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
- Europe's Leading Luxury Resort & Spa: Conrad Algarve
- Armenia's Leading Hotel: DoubleTree by Hilton Yerevan City Centre
- Austria's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Vienna Danube Waterfront
- Austria's Leading Hotel: Hilton Vienna Plaza
- Azerbaijan's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Baku
- Belgium's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Brussels City
- Cyprus's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Cyprus
- Czech Republic's Leading Hotel: Hilton Prague
- England's Leading Business Hotel: London Hilton on Park Lane
- Finland's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa
- Finland's Leading Hotel: Hilton Helsinki Strand
- Germany's Leading City Hotel: Hilton Berlin
- Germany's Leading Hotel Suite: King Presidential Suite at Waldorf Astoria Berlin
- Greece's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Athens
- Italy's Leading Conference Hotel: Hilton Molino Stucky Venice
- Italy's Leading Luxury City Resort: Rome Cavalieri, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
- Ireland's Leading Luxury Hotel: Conrad Dublin
- Northern Ireland's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Templepatrick Hotel & Country Club
- Northern Ireland's Leading Hotel: Hilton Belfast
- Portugal's Leading Hotel Suite: Roof Garden Suite at Conrad Algarve
- Portugal's Leading Resort: Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
- Romania's Leading Hotel: Athenee Palace Hilton Bucharest
- Sweden's Leading Business Hotel: Hilton Stockholm Slussen
- Turkey's Leading Hotel: Conrad Istanbul Bosphorus
- Turkey's Leading City Hotel: Hilton Istanbul Kozyatagi
The prominent World Travel Awards, established in 1993 to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence in the sector, have become a key global institution of the industry, and is recognised as the ultimate hallmark of quality worldwide.
More information on the categories and winners of the World Travel Awards 2016 can be found at www.worldtravelawards.com/winners/2016.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For 100 years, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has set the benchmark for hospitality around the world, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. With 585 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties are located in the world’s most sought-after destinations for guests who know that where they stay matters. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Begin your journey at www.hiltonhotels.com, and learn more by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/hhr and following Hilton Hotels & Resorts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Download Article Photos