Hilton Honors Members Can Now Redeem Points for Lyft Rides
Hilton Honors and Lyft introduce new features of the exclusive partnership
Rewards enthusiasts rejoice — a new way to redeem your Hilton Honors Points has arrived. In a Hilton and Lyft first, Hilton Honors members can now redeem their Points on Lyft ride credits — further integrating the travel experience and rewards for everyday activities. The latest feature gives Hilton Honors members yet another way to connect their daily lives and brings value, flexibility and personalization beyond the walls of Hilton's 17 hotel brands.
At HiltonHonorsLyft.com, members may select a fixed amount of Points they’d like to redeem in exchange for Lyft credits in increments ranging from $10 – $100*. And if they haven’t already, members may link their accounts to start earning Points on Lyft rides in the U.S. and select cities in Canada. From exploring a new city to riding to the airport or commuting to work, members can earn and redeem Points for every ride they take.
Along with the new redemption feature, Hilton Honors introduces the following enhancements:
- In-app functionality allows members to request a Lyft ride within the industry-leading Hilton Honors app during their hotel stay, with their hotel location automatically populating as the pickup location. The Hilton Honors app puts guests in control of their travel experience with features like select your room and Digital key, and the Lyft functionality further boosts this connectivity for members.
- Share with friends and family allows members to redeem Points for Lyft credits and gift them to friends or family this holiday season.
“We’ve seen tremendous engagement from this partnership. Since we launched in May, our members have earned millions of Points with Lyft,” said Mark Weinstein, senior vice president and global head of customer engagement, loyalty and partnerships at Hilton. “As the only partnership of its kind where Hilton Honors members can not only earn, but now redeem Points for virtually all rides, we’re pleased to introduce the new redemption feature to allow members more flexibility with their Points and to continue the momentum of our evolving partnership.”
Many Hilton Honors Members rely on rideshare. In fact, the share of U.S. adults that uses ridesharing services has more than doubled since 2015, and all expect seamless, digital integration to help simplify their lives. That’s why Hilton Honors and Lyft launched an exclusive partnership this past May to provide members the control, connectivity and personalization they increasingly want in their everyday lives and when they’re on the road.
“Lyft and Hilton Honors are dedicated to providing a seamless experience and benefit that travelers crave,” said Jon Alferness, vice president, Growth at Lyft. “By introducing program enhancements through our partnership, we hope to encourage travelers to bring us along wherever they travel, whether down the road or across the country.”
The Lyft partnership joins an array of other valuable ways Hilton Honors members can spend Points, including hotel stays at nearly 6,000 hotels across the Hilton portfolio of brands and one-of-a-kind music, culinary, sports and culture-oriented packages via the Hilton Honors Experiences Platform.
Looking for other ways to earn Points to use toward your next Lyft ride? Below are a few ways for members to maximize their Points:
- Stay two nights at The Bernic, Tapestry Collection by Hilton in New York City; earn enough Points to redeem for a Lyft ride to a nearby restaurant or museum. **
- Hosting a Friendsgiving? Earn enough Points to call your friends a Lyft to attend the feast when you stay four nights at the new Conrad Washington DC. **
- Hilton reserves special offers and promotions exclusively for members to accelerate the ability to earn Points, such as the “Power Up” Promotion, where registered members earn double Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay or triple Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay when using an eligible Hilton Honors Credit Card during the Promotion Period.
*See full offer Terms and Conditions at HiltonHonorsLyft.com
**Based on broad calculations for Lyft basic ride and basic Points earning
Lyft was founded in 2012 by Logan Green and John Zimmer to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation, and is available to approximately 95 percent of the United States population as well as select cities in Canada. Lyft is committed to effecting positive change for our cities by offsetting carbon emissions from all rides, and by promoting transportation equity through shared rides, bikeshare systems, electric scooters, and public transit partnerships.
About Hilton Honors
Hilton Honors is the award-winning guest loyalty program for Hilton’s 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,500 properties in 119 countries and territories. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount and free Standard WiFi. Members also have access to contactless technology exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app, where members can check in, choose their room and access their room using Digital Key. Hilton Honors offers its more than 115 million members hundreds of ways to earn and redeem Points, including select co-branded credit cards. Members can redeem their Points for free nights, premium merchandise and items on Amazon, and make charitable contributions. The program is free to join and travelers can enroll online by visiting hiltonhonors.com. Learn more about Hilton Honors at newsroom.hilton.com/hiltonhonors, and follow Hilton Honors on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.