Hilton Honors Extends Rollover Nights Benefit for 2020, Helping All Members to Maintain or Upgrade Status
Recent program adjustments and everyday Points utilization provides even greater flexibility
During this difficult time for travelers, Hilton remains committed to providing maximum flexibility to its 108 million Hilton Honors members and guests around the world – from status and Points extensions to more contactless experiences through the Hilton Honors app.
Hilton Honors, the guest loyalty program of Hilton’s world-class portfolio of 18 brands, most recently announced an extension to its Rollover Nights benefit, allowing every night in 2020 to roll over to 2021, to help members maintain or upgrade their status. The benefit was previously exclusive to elite members and allowed applicable qualifying nights in excess of those required to meet a member’s respective elite status tier to roll over to the next calendar year. Now, all Hilton Honors members who stay between January 1 – December 31, 2020 will have all nights automatically roll over to count towards their 2021 through March 2023 tier status, when they book direct through Hilton.com or the Hilton Honors app.
Maximum Flexibility & Value
Hilton Honors has implemented several adjustments over the past few months to provide members even greater value and flexibility while their travels may be limited, including
- 2019 Status Extension: All members whose 2019 status was scheduled to be downgraded on March 31, 2020 – whether Diamond, Gold or Silver – automatically receive an extension through March 31, 2021.
- 2020 Status Extension: An extension to members’ 2020 status through March 31, 2022, to allow members to enjoy all the Diamond, Gold or Silver benefits for 24 months.
- Points Extension: A pause on the expiration of all Points scheduled to expire between March 12 to December 31, 2020.
- Weekend Night Rewards Earned on Eligible Hilton Credit Cards: An extension on the expiration date of all unexpired Weekend Night Rewards as of March 11, 2020, and all new ones issued until August 30, 2020, through the end of next summer (August 31, 2021).
- 2020 Rollover Night Extension: All nights earned this year will automatically be rolled over to the 2021 calendar year and count towards members’ 2021-2023 tier status qualification.
Earn & Redeem Hilton Honors Points Beyond Travel
And while people remain close to home, Hilton Honors continues to offer meaningful ways for members to earn and redeem Points in their everyday lives. Members can
- Earn More Points from Co-Brand Credit Cards: Hilton Honors American Express Card Members earn more Points when using their card on eligible purchases, including those at U.S. supermarkets and restaurants, and on bill payments. And now through the end of the year, Bonus Points count as Base Points to achieve elite status even faster.
- Earn Double Event Planner Points with the Hilton EventReady Flexible Offer: As an extension to Hilton EventReady with CleanStay, this flexible offer applies to events booked through December 31, 2020, for meetings or events occurring now through May 31, 2021. Members in the Event Planner Program can now receive double Hilton Honors Points (2 Points per eligible $1 spent) in addition to extended flexibility allowing meetings and events to cancel without penalty up to eight days in advance of arrival.
- Donate Points through PointWorthy: Hilton’s corporate foundation – the Hilton Effect Foundation – has pledged to support several organizations working with vulnerable communities during this global pandemic. All Hilton Honors members can join in supporting these organizations by donating their Points here through PointWorthy. All donations will go directly to the following organizations and the communities they support: World Central Kitchen, Clean the World, Project Hope and Direct Relief.
- Purchase Points and Receive 100 Percent Bonus: From July 30 through September 20, 2020, Hilton Honors members will enjoy 100 percent more when they buy or gift Points* through the Purchase Page on HiltonHonors.com.
- Shop with Points on Amazon: From educational toys to keep the kids busy while you WFH to toilet paper, members can choose the amount of Hilton Honors Points they wish to redeem when checking out their purchase on Amazon.com by simply linking their Hilton Honors account to their Amazon account.
Return to Travel
When people are ready to travel again, Hilton has implemented a new industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection in its properties around the world, Hilton CleanStay, to help guests enjoy an even cleaner and safer stay from check-in to check-out. Additionally, Hilton Honors continues to support its members when they’re on the road with the
- Hilton Honors App: Members can access contactless experiences including Digital Check-In, Choose Your Room and Digital Key all from their smartphone through the program’s award-winning app.
- Points Unlimited Promotion: The Points Unlimited promotion has been extended to September 7, 2020. Registered members can earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay PLUS 10,000 Points every 10 nights. And as stated in the name, there’s no limit to the amount of Points members can earn during the promotional period.
- Hilton Honors Discount: The Dream Away offer provides members with up to 20 percent off hotel stays in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and up to 30 percent in Asia, plus early check-in, late check-out, and free early departure if a member’s plans change. As always, members get the lowest price on all Hilton hotels when they book through Hilton.
For the latest information on Hilton Honors program adjustments, booking and reservations, travel safety and more, visit Hilton.com/covidsupport. To join Hilton Honors, enroll for free at HiltonHonors.com.
*Minimum purchase required
About Hilton Honors
Hilton Honors is the award-winning guest loyalty program for Hilton’s 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,300 properties in 118 countries and territories. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount, and free Standard WiFi. Members also have access to contactless technology exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app where Hilton Honors members can check-in, choose their room and access their room using Digital Key. Hilton Honors offers its more than 110 million members hundreds of ways to earn and redeem Points. Members can redeem their Points for free nights, premium merchandise and items on Amazon Shop with Points, and make charitable contributions. The program is free to join, and travelers may enroll online by visiting www.hiltonhonors.com. Learn more about Hilton Honors at newsroom.hilton.com/hiltonhonors, and follow Hilton Honors on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,300 properties with nearly one million rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2020 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2020 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 110 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including contactless check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos