Hilton Again Increases Flexibility and Value for Hilton Honors Members With New Program Extensions and Ability to Achieve Status Faster
New program changes also include lowered Milestone Bonus and Gifting Status thresholds
MCLEAN, Va. - During this challenging time for travelers, Hilton remains committed to providing maximum flexibility and value to its more than 108 million Hilton Honors members and guests around the world – from status and Points extensions to more contactless experiences through the award-winning Hilton Honors app – to ensure the safest and most enjoyable travel possible.
Today, Hilton Honors, the guest loyalty program of Hilton’s world-class portfolio of 18 brands, has implemented several new program adjustments to 2020 and 2021 policies, including:
- Extending Points Expiration so that no Points will expire until December 31, 2021.
- Reducing Status Qualification Requirements by 50 percent across all tiers, including stays, nights and Base Points in 2021, to allow members to achieve status in half the time. For example, this means to earn Gold status, a member must complete 20 nights, 10 stays or 37,500 Points instead of 40 nights, 20 stays or 75,000 points. And, as previously announced, all 2020 nights will automatically roll over to the 2021 calendar year to help Hilton Honors members upgrade their tier status even faster.
- Lowering Milestone Bonus Night Threshold to begin at 20 nights in 2021 (was previously 40 nights) to align with new Gold status qualification and allow members to earn rewards faster. Gold members will earn 10,000 Bonus Points for 20 nights stayed and will continue earning the additional 10,000 Bonus Points every 10 nights above that level in a calendar year. At 60 nights, a member would still earn the additional Milestone Bonus of 30,000 Bonus Points.
- Extending Status to March 31, 2022 for Silver, Gold and Diamond members that were set to downgrade in 2020 or 2021. This means members can keep their status longer and continue to enjoy their benefits.
- Reducing Gifting Status Night Threshold to the new Diamond status night qualification. Diamond members who stay 30 nights in 2021 will be able to gift Gold status (was previously 60 nights) or 60 nights to upgrade the gift to Diamond status (was previously 100 nights).
- Extending Benefits for Hilton Honors American Express Card Members
- Bonus Points will continue to count as Base Points on eligible purchases through December 31, 2021 on all cards and count toward Elite tier qualification, including Lifetime Diamond Status.
- All 2021-issued Free Weekend Night Reward certificates can be used any night of the week and expiration will be extended to December 31, 2022. Unexpired Free Weekend Night Rewards as of December 31, 2020 will expire in accordance with their previously communicated terms. All Free Weekend Night Reward certificates can also continue to be used any night of the week.
“As we near the end of 2020, we know travelers are looking ahead to what next year holds, which is why we want to continue supporting our loyal Hilton Honors members when they are ready to make new travel memories again,” said Mark Weinstein, senior vice president and global head, marketing & loyalty. “So, we are pleased to announce these industry-leading adjustments to our Hilton Honors policies to not only let our members know we have them covered, but also provide our guests with even more flexibility.”
Great Ways to Earn & Redeem Hilton Honors Points
Hilton Honors continues to offer meaningful ways for members to earn and redeem Points in their everyday lives. In addition to redeeming Points on hotel stays, charitable contributions and various partners, for a limited time, members can:
- Apply for the Hilton Honors American Express Card through January 31, 2021 and, if approved, earn a $100 statement credit after their first Card purchase and 75,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after spending $1,000 in purchases on the Card in the first three months.
- Earn Double Bonus Points and Double Night Credits when they enroll in the Double Rewards promotion and complete a stay by the end of the year meaning every night a member stays counts twice towards earning the next tier status, plus, even more Points to use toward a future hotel stay.
- Join Guest Opinion Rewards and complete their first survey within 90 days to earn 10,000 Points by the end of the year.
- Join the Hilton Honors Dining Program and spend $25 in the first 30 days to earn 5,000 Points by the end of the year. After that, members can earn 10 Points for every $1 spent this year.
- Link their Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts to receive 250 Points, plus an additional 750 Points after taking their first ride by the end of the year.
- Buy Points* through the Purchase Page by the end of the year to receive a 100 percent bonus, meaning purchase 10,000 Points, receive an additional 10,000 Points.
- Earn Double Event Planner Points with the Hilton EventReady Flexible Offer. As an extension to Hilton EventReady with CleanStay, this flexible offer applies to events booked through December 31, 2020, for meetings or events occurring now through May 31, 2021. Members in the Event Planner Program can now receive double Hilton Honors Points (2 Points per eligible $1 spent) in addition to extended flexibility allowing meetings and events to cancel without penalty up to eight days in advance of arrival.
For the latest information on Hilton Honors program adjustments, booking and reservations, travel safety and more, visit covid.hilton.com/#honors. To join Hilton Honors, enroll for free at HiltonHonors.com.
*Minimum purchase required
Click the image below for the full infographic
About Hilton Honors
Hilton Honors is the award-winning guest loyalty program for Hilton’s 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,600 properties in 119 countries and territories. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount and free standard Wi-Fi. Members also have access to contactless technology exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app, where members can check in, choose their room and access their room using Digital Key. Hilton Honors offers its more than 118 million members hundreds of ways to earn and redeem Points, including with select co-branded credit cards. Members can redeem Points for free nights, purchases on Amazon, charitable contributions and more. The program is free to join and travelers can enroll online at hiltonhonors.com. Learn more about Hilton Honors at newsroom.hilton.com/hiltonhonors, and follow Hilton Honors on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,600 properties and more than 1 million rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2020 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2020 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 118 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.