Hilton and American Express Enhance Co-Branded Credit Cards With More Flexible and Accelerated Rewards to Keep Future Travel Within Reach
More ways to earn rewards include more Points on daily purchases during this time, flexible Free Night Rewards and Faster Qualification to Elite Status
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton and American Express are announcing more ways to earn rewards during this time on their co-branded credit card products. The changes are designed to provide Card Members with greater flexibility and even more Points that can add up now for future travel.
Starting May 1, new offers are being added to the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card and the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card:
- More Points at U.S. supermarkets: With the rise of cooking at home, an increased accelerator will enable members to earn 12 Hilton Honors Points for every eligible $1 spent at U.S. supermarkets between May 1, 2020 and July 31, 2020. That’s 6x more Points for Surpass Card members and 9x more for Aspire.
- Extended Free Weekend Night Rewards, now with greater flexibility: Free Weekend Night Rewards issued from May 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020 can now be used any night of the week – not just on weekends – and will be valid for 24 months (previously 12 months) from the date of issuance. There are no blackout dates for booking and they can be used at more than 6,000 hotels worldwide. (Free Weekend Night Reward redemptions are subject to the Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions.)
- Bonus Points now count as Base Points to achieve Elite Status even faster: Bonus Points earned through eligible purchases that post to the Card Member’s Hilton Honors account between May 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 will now be considered Base Points. The Points will count toward Elite tier qualification, including Lifetime Diamond Status. There is no limit to the amount of Bonus Points earned and converted to Base Points during this promotional period.
- Aspire Resort Credit can now be used for purchases at U.S. restaurants, including takeout & delivery: From June 1 – August 31, 2020, eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants will now qualify toward the $250 Hilton Resort Statement Credit benefit.
As always, Card Members can keep earning on other daily purchases.
- 3x Hilton Honors Points on eligible purchases, including bill payments and TV streaming services.
- 6x Hilton Honors Points for Surpass / 7x for Aspire at U.S. restaurants whether you dine in, carry out or order delivery.
To explore more ways to use Hilton Honors Points for travel and beyond, visit PointsExplorer.HiltonHonors.com. Visit Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card to learn more how we’re offering something extra to support Card Members right now.
About Hilton Honors
Hilton Honors is the award-winning guest loyalty program for Hilton’s 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,600 properties in 119 countries and territories. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount and free standard Wi-Fi. Members also have access to contactless technology exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app, where members can check in, choose their room and access their room using Digital Key. Hilton Honors offers its more than 118 million members hundreds of ways to earn and redeem Points, including with select co-branded credit cards. Members can redeem Points for free nights, purchases on Amazon, charitable contributions and more. The program is free to join and travelers can enroll online at hiltonhonors.com. Learn more about Hilton Honors at newsroom.hilton.com/hiltonhonors, and follow Hilton Honors on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,600 properties and more than 1 million rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2020 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2020 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 118 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos