10 Ways to Gift this Holiday Season with Hilton Honors
Easy ways to earn and redeem Points for gifting, and Hilton Honors surprises top elite members with special gift
While this year has been unpredictable, there are still lots of reasons and creative ways to celebrate the holidays. Whether that means enjoying cherished traditions at home, virtually connecting with family, taking a road trip to spend quality time with loved ones or giving a friend the perfect gift, the holidays provide a fresh opportunity for reconnection to create new memories.
Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest loyalty program for Hilton’s 18 hotel brands, including Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Hampton by Hilton, is spreading holiday cheer by helping members make the most of their hard-earned Hilton Honors status and Points this season. Hilton Honors will also be surprising its Diamond members with a special gift.
Check out the following 10 ways to gift this season with Hilton Honors.
- Gift Hilton Honors Elite Status to a loved one. To thank its most elite members for their continued loyalty, Hilton Honors is extending a one-time special gift to its global Diamond and Lifetime Diamond members. Beginning next week until January 31, 2021, these elite members will be able to gift status for one year to a family member or friend. Typically, the Elite Status Gifting benefit is reserved for members who complete a standard, annual night requirement. Diamond members will receive an email with instructions on how to gift Gold status and Lifetime Diamond members will be able to gift Diamond status. For members who earned Status Gifting through their 2020 nights, this is an extra opportunity to gift to someone new.
- Give the gift of a holiday staycation by redeeming Hilton Honors Points. Treat yourself and a loved one to a holiday staycation with spirited decorations and great deals to be found at many Hilton hotels in the U.S. Points Explorer is a helpful tool to search destinations and the number of Hilton Honors Points needed for a stay this season and into the new year. Another useful tool is the award-winning Hilton Honors app. In addition to booking a stay with Points, the app provides guests with a contactless arrival experience, including access to Digital Check-In, Choose Your Room and Digital Key at 5,000 Hilton properties.
- Gift Hilton Honors Points for a future trip or dream vacation. While the pandemic has impacted many vacation plans this year, pent-up consumer demand for travel has bookings on the rise for 2021. And with the holidays quickly approaching, Hilton Honors members can purchase (and gift!) Points* through the Hilton.com ”Buy More Points” page and receive a 100% bonus until December 31, 2020. Members can also gift Points by transferring their own Hilton Honors Points to a family member or friend.
- Shop for holiday gifts and your everyday needs with a Hilton Honors American Express Card and earn more toward future travel. The Hilton Honors American Express Card and the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card allow Card Members to earn 5x or 6x Points for each dollar spent at U.S. supermarkets and U.S. restaurants, respectively. And the award-winning Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card allows Card Members to earn 7x Points for each dollar spent at U.S. restaurants. Card Members also earn 3x Hilton Honors Points for all other eligible purchases, meaning even more Hilton Honors Points to use towards a future trip when using a Hilton Honors American Express Card while shopping for holiday gifts.
- Give back to a favorite cause by donating Hilton Honors Points. The holidays are a great time to give back, and Hilton Honors members can donate to various accredited nonprofits on issues ranging from COVID-19 community relief to the environment to hunger. Upon linking their Hilton Honors and PointWorthy accounts, members can redeem Points to make a donation.
- Shop for gifts and holiday decor using Hilton Honors Points via Amazon Shop with Points. Members can choose to use Hilton Honors Points as payment when shopping at Amazon.com by simply linking their Hilton Honors account to their Amazon account.
- Gift Lyft credits by redeeming Hilton Honors Points. Members may select a fixed amount of Points they’d like to redeem in exchange for Lyft credits in increments ranging from $10-$100 – perfect for gifting to friends and family.
- Enjoy a holiday meal from a participating restaurant in the Hilton Honors Dining Program. Whether treating a friend, family member or neighbor to a meal or simply treating yourself after a day of wrapping, cookie decorating and holiday prep, your dinner out can reap additional rewards. When a member joins the Hilton Honors Dining Program and spends $25 at a participating restaurant by the end of the year, they earn 5,000 Hilton Honors Points. Members can also earn 10 Points for every $1 spent this year.
- Rent a car using Hilton Honors Points for your holiday road trip. Whether a member needs quick access to wheels or is planning ahead for their holiday caravan, Hilton Honors members can cash-in Points to rent a car. Members can also use cash to rent a car through the Hilton Honors Online Portal and score savings, plus up to 20,000 Bonus Points.
- Give the gift of a future experience by redeeming Hilton Honors Points. Through an ongoing partnership with the world’s leading live entertainment company, Live Nation, Hilton Honors members can now connect their Hilton Honors and Ticketmaster accounts** to redeem Points for tickets when live concerts and events return. Members can also use Points to gift unique memorable experiences, such as wine and spirit tastings or spa and wellness treatments on the Hilton Honors Experiences Platform.
For those seeking a quiet and private space to wrap gifts, members can book a WorkSpaces by Hilton room for a day at participating hotels and receive exclusive member benefits. Members can also earn 10,000 Bonus Points when they complete a WorkSpaces by Hilton reservation before March 2021. Additionally, members can earn double Hilton Honors Bonus Points plus double night credits when they register and complete a stay before the end of the year through the Double Rewards promotion.
As we head into a new year, the award-winning Hilton Honors program remains committed to providing maximum flexibility, access and value to all members – from program adjustments and extensions to meaningful ways to use Hilton Honors benefits.
Hilton Honors wishes everyone a safe, relaxing and healthy holiday, wherever you’ll be celebrating this year.
Not a Hilton Honors member? Enroll for free and learn more at HiltonHonors.com to receive instant benefits, exclusive discounts and more.
*Minimum purchase required.
**Terms & Conditions apply
About Hilton Honors
Hilton Honors is the award-winning guest loyalty program for Hilton’s 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,500 properties in 119 countries and territories. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount and free Standard WiFi. Members also have access to contactless technology exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app, where members can check in, choose their room and access their room using Digital Key. Hilton Honors offers its more than 115 million members hundreds of ways to earn and redeem Points, including select co-branded credit cards. Members can redeem their Points for free nights, premium merchandise and items on Amazon, and make charitable contributions. The program is free to join and travelers can enroll online by visiting hiltonhonors.com. Learn more about Hilton Honors at newsroom.hilton.com/hiltonhonors, and follow Hilton Honors on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,500 properties and more than one million rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2020 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2020 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the more than 115 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy. With the free Hilton Honors mobile app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos