Turkey’s Burgeoning Yalova Province Welcomes First International Hotel Brand
Hilton Garden Inn Yalova offers Business Travellers and Holiday Seekers Access to World-Class Hospitality in the heart of Turkey’s Emerging Tourism Destination
YALOVA, Turkey and MCLEAN, Va. - Turkey’s burgeoning Yalova province has officially welcomed its first international hotel brand – Hilton Garden Inn, the award-winning midscale brand by Hilton (NYSE: HLT). The hotel joins an existing 18 Hilton Garden Inn properties in Turkey.
The highly anticipated property offers business travellers and holiday seekers access to Hilton’s globally recognised hospitality service in the heart of one of Turkey’s rapidly blossoming tourism districts. The 120-guestroom Hilton Garden Inn Yalova is located only 1.5 kilometres away from the city centre and is just an hour’s drive from Sabiha Gokcen International Airport.
A hidden gem that has been long favoured by locals and Middle Eastern travellers, Yalova offers a host of diverse experiences, from its popular thermal spring waters and beautiful landscapes, to skiing, hunting, fishing and trekking. The city is set to be one of Turkey’s most sought-after holiday retreats and will play a key role in Turkey’s growing thermal tourism sector, which reportedly could contribute up to USD 15 billion in revenue to the country’s thriving tourism economy.1 In 2017, Yalova’s thermal spas alone attracted nearly one million local and foreign tourists.2
Hilton Garden Inn Yalova is also conveniently located within close proximity of the Ozmangazi Bridge, which serves as the main corridor linking the Anatolian side of Istanbul with Izmit, as well as the Yalova-Bursa highway. Guests looking for a dose of culture can explore the nearby historic sites at the Iznik and Sapanca Lakes, or visit the Ibrahim Muteferrika Paper Museum, named after the first Ottoman to run a printing press with a movable Arabic type.
“We are delighted to bring the Hilton Garden Inn experience to guests staying in the beautiful and prospering city of Yalova,” said Hikmet Isildak, general manager. “Nestled in the seaside yet surrounded by natural forests and greenery, Yalova offers travellers a serene escape, and we look forward to enriching travellers’ time in the city with our renowned approach to hospitality, whether it is taking comfort in our spacious and fully equipped guestrooms or taking a dip in our outdoor swimming pool.”
Gorgeous indoor and outdoor event spaces at Hilton Garden Inn Yalova, including over 350 square meters of banquet space, make it an ideal seaside venue for hosting a magical wedding or celebrating a special occasion. Business travellers can take advantage of the hotel’s spacious meeting rooms. Guests can select from several room types including: standard, family, and deluxe rooms, as well as one-bedroom suites, ensuring guests enjoy a comfortable stay. All rooms are fitted with Digital Key, which allows guests to conveniently unlock their guestroom doors using their smartphones.
In order to receive instant benefits including lowest price available online, digital check in, Digital Key, free Wi-Fi and Hilton Honors points towards free nights, guests are encouraged to book direct and join Hilton Honors®.
HILTON GARDEN INN YALOVA HIGHLIGHTS
- Conveniently located just 1.5km from the city centre and an hour from Sabiha Gokcen International Airport
- Minutes away from the Natural Thermal Wellness Park, popular for the healing powers of its natural thermal spring waters, as well as historical sites at the Iznic and Sapanca lakes
- Large indoor and outdoor banquet space, offering stunning views and modern facilities across six segmented areas
- Leisure facilities, including outdoor swimming pool
- 24/7 business centre, gym, and lobby convenience store
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- 120 comfortable rooms, including one accessible room, 7 family rooms, 6 deluxe rooms, and 5 one-bedroom suites
- Panoramic sea view rooms
- Modern facilities including Digital Key and motion sensors
- 40-inch LCD TV and ergonomic furnishings
DINING & LEISURE
- Garden Grille all day dining restaurant, offering a delicious breakfast buffet
- The Shop offers guests a range of beverages
- Evening room service and onsite catering available at guest’s request
- Swimming pool and a 24/7 gym
BUSINESS & EVENTS
- Over 350 square meters of banquet space, with the capacity to hold more than 215 people
- State of the art 24/7 business centre offering a wide range of services and facilities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi, printing facilities, copier and fax
YALOVA FUN FACTS
- Yalova’s hot springs are believed to have healing powers, with soldiers dating back to the time of the Roman Empire historically visiting the city’s thermal waters after battle.1, 3
- Yalova locals are extremely proud of their connection to Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, the founder of the Turkish Republic. He often spent summer months in the province, and eventually commissioned the construction of a mansion in the area. When he passed away, the property came under the ownership of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey and was converted into a museum.3
- Yalova is popular for its hiking and trekking routes, including the Delmece plateaus, where many tree species including pine, oak, and chestnut surround a 400-acre landscape, as well as the Hasan Baba area, a protected habitat for deer.3
- Horticulture, or the practice of garden cultivation, is a serious passion in Yalova, with many producers exporting their goods both domestically and abroad. Hence, the flower is a symbol of Yalova, with the Karaca Arboretum a shining example of the city’s expertise. Open to the public, the botanical garden covers 13.5 hectares of land holding roughly 7,000 different species of trees, plants, and flowers.3
- Beachgoers, sun addicts, and adrenaline junkies alike can enjoy Cinarcik and Armatlu, districts along Yalova’s coastline which offer a combination of sun, sea, and sport.3
To download images and videos, and for more information, visit the Hilton Garden Inn Media Center.
- The Daily Sabah (via Anadolu Agency). (2017, December 22). Turkey to reach $15b in revenue from thermal tourism.
- Sever Y.E. and Aytac S.A. Anadolu Agency. (2018, January 5). Turkey: Yalova offers healing to visitors.
- Sayin N. (2018 May 3) Good reasons to visit Yalova in Turkey.
About Hilton Garden Inn
The award-winning Hilton Garden Inn brand provides business and leisure guests upscale, affordable accommodations and unexpected amenities for an experience that is ‘Simply on Another Level.’ The Hilton Garden Inn Promise affirms the brand’s goal to make each guest’s stay better and brighter. Guaranteed. Team Members at more than 840 hotels in 45 countries around the world ensure today’s busy travelers have a bright and satisfying experience, starting with the first hello. As a recognized F&B leader, Hilton Garden Inn serves locally-sourced food and beverage at its full-service restaurants and bars, featuring cooked-to-order breakfast, handcrafted cocktails, and on-trend small plates. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. For more information about Hilton Garden Inn, visit www.hgi.com or newsroom.hilton.com/hgi, and connect on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 17 world-class brands comprising nearly 5,900 properties with more than 939,000 rooms, in 114 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton earned a spot on the 2018 world’s best workplaces list, and has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 94 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.