Hilton Opens Its First Hotel in Uganda
96-guestroom Hilton Garden Inn Kampala welcomes its first guests today
KAMPALA, UGANDA and MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today announced the opening of its first hotel in Uganda, Hilton Garden Inn Kampala. The opening of the new hotel, which is part of Hilton’s award-winning midscale Hilton Garden Inn brand, follows the recent announcement of the signing of Hilton Kampala.
Hilton Garden Inn is one of the world’s most successful midscale hospitality brands, with more than 800 properties across 40 countries worldwide. It promises busy modern travelers quality accommodation at affordable prices with friendly, positive service that makes any stay brighter and better. Every hotel comes equipped with a full-service restaurant, offering a range of international dishes, and a full bar to unwind at the end of a busy day. Guests can also benefit from 24/7 snacks and grab and go items as well as evening room service.
Located on Kira Road, the hotel provides a convenient base from which to explore a number of local attractions such as the Uganda Museum (the oldest and largest in the country), the Acacia Shopping Mall, Uganda Golf Club and nearby Independence Park. It is situated in one of the city’s diplomatic districts, directly opposite the British High Commission with a number of national embassies in walking distance and the offices of the UNHCR a short drive away.
Sanjeev Tiwari, General Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Kampala said, “I am delighted to be opening the first hotel under the Hilton portfolio in Uganda. We are not only bringing a household name in the hospitality world to the market, but a modern hotel with light, airy accommodations and bright service that will deliver a fresh and affordable experience for both business and leisure visitors to the city.”
Hilton Garden Inn Kampala Features
- Affordable prices and modern comfort with complimentary Wi-Fi
- Desirable location within diplomatic quarter, opposite British High Commission
- Travel on the go with business centre, fitness centre and dining options open 24/7
- Offers digital check-in and digital key via the Hilton Honors app
- 96 contemporary guestrooms
- All offer HDTVs, work desks, mini fridges and tea/coffee making facilities
Dining & Leisure
- Full international breakfast buffet served daily
- Garden Grill & Bar serving international dishes with fresh locally sourced ingredients
- The Garden Café & Lounge offering an informal space for meeting with freshly brewed Ugandan coffee and delicious pastries.
- Evening room service, delivering tasty meals directly to your door until 11 p..m.
- “The Shop,” open 24 hours, offers snacks, refreshments and convenience items
- 24/7 fitness centre and an outdoor swimming pool
Meetings & Events Space
- 190 sqm of modern meeting space, all fitted with the latest A/V equipment
- Two small meeting spaces accommodating 10 and 12 pax respectively
- A large 150 sqm multi-function room perfect for receptions and banquets
Hilton Garden Inn Kampala is located at Plot 72, Kira Road. Kampala. For more information, or to make a reservation, travelers may call +256-313-800-800. The property is owned by High Gate Investments Ltd and managed by Alnosafa Management. For more information on Hilton Garden Inn, please visit http://newsroom.hilton.com/hgi.
About Hilton Garden Inn
The award-winning Hilton Garden Inn brand provides business and leisure guests upscale, affordable accommodations and unexpected amenities for an experience that is ‘Simply on Another Level.’ The Hilton Garden Inn Promise affirms the brand’s goal to make each guest’s stay better and brighter. Guaranteed. Team Members at more than 840 hotels in 45 countries around the world ensure today’s busy travelers have a bright and satisfying experience, starting with the first hello. As a recognized F&B leader, Hilton Garden Inn serves locally-sourced food and beverage at its full-service restaurants and bars, featuring cooked-to-order breakfast, handcrafted cocktails, and on-trend small plates. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. For more information about Hilton Garden Inn, visit www.hgi.com or newsroom.hilton.com/hgi, and connect on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 17 world-class brands comprising nearly 5,900 properties with more than 939,000 rooms, in 114 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton earned a spot on the 2018 world’s best workplaces list, and has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 94 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.