Hilton Garden Inn Expands Global Reach in 2019, Bringing Its Signature Hospitality and Industry-Leading Food and Beverage to More Than 860 Hotels
The upscale hotel brand opened 48 properties, debuted in nine countries, and grew its on-property Garden Grille & Bar concept to nearly 600 total U.S. hotels
MCLEAN, Va. - In another standout year, Hilton Garden Inn continued its rapid growth, introducing 48 new properties to the portfolio in 2019. With a global presence in nearly 50 countries and territories, Hilton’s award-winning, upscale brand provides business and leisure guests with exceptional service, affordable accommodations, inviting social spaces and modern amenities. In 2019, Hilton Garden Inn entered nine new countries – the most growth to new regions during a single calendar year in the brand’s 30-year history. Hilton Garden Inn became the first of any Hilton brand to open in five of these nine locations: Botswana, Latvia, Lithuania, Eswatini and Uganda.
“Of the nearly 50 new properties Hilton Garden Inn opened in 2019, close to 20 percent debuted in countries and territories where the brand previously did not have a presence,” said John Greenleaf, global head, Hilton Garden Inn. “As we rapidly expand our global footprint, we are building on our commitment to increase development opportunities for owners everywhere, while upholding Hilton’s mission to serve more guests in more locations around the world.”
This impressive growth in new and emerging markets was fueled by marquee openings across Africa and Eastern Europe, including:
- Hilton Garden Inn Kampala Kira Road – Hilton’s first hotel in Uganda is a convenient base from which to explore local attractions like the Uganda Museum, the oldest and largest in the country, the Acacia Shopping Mall, Uganda Golf Club and nearby Independence Park.
- Hilton Garden Inn Mbabane - The hotel is the first Hilton property to open in the Kingdom of Eswatini. The futuristic Hilton Garden Inn Mbabane occupies one of the country’s most iconic buildings, known as the “Ship Out of the Ocean” in homage to its grand design and distinctive curved features.
- Hilton Garden Inn Zagreb – Radnicka - The brand’s first property in Croatia is located in the heart of one of the country’s main cultural hubs. The hotel is within walking distance of major area attractions such as the Croatian National Theatre, the Botanical Gardens and the Art Pavilion.
- Hilton Garden Inn Riga Old Town - The first of the Hilton brands to debut in Latvia, this hotel is located in the heart of Riga’s Old Town and steps away from sites such as Riga Cathedral and House of the Blackheads, one of the most impressive buildings in Riga. The property is also located less than seven miles from Riga International Airport which makes it a convenient option for both leisure and business travelers.
In addition to international growth, Hilton Garden Inn continued steady expansion in the U.S., where more than half of its new property openings in 2019 occurred. As the brand’s presence grew in the U.S., so did its on-property Garden Grille & Bar concept – a full-service restaurant and bar which serves cooked-to-order dishes, sharable small plates, handcrafted cocktails and craft beers – now boasting nearly 600 locations across America.
As part of its industry-leading food and beverage program, Hilton Garden Inn partnered with Judy Greer, award-winning actress, director, author and star of Hilton Garden Inn’s ad campaign, to shake up its cocktail menu with an on-trend specialty drink - Judy’s Garden Gin. A fun twist on the classic Daisy, the light and tart libation capitalizes on the versatility of gin and the spirit’s growing popularity. The cocktail is available on Garden Grille & Bar menus nationwide.
As Hilton Garden Inn looks ahead to 2020 and beyond, it remains focused on continuing its global growth. Some of the highly anticipated openings in the brand’s pipeline of over 300 hotels include:
- Hilton Garden Inn Faroe Islands – the world’s first international hotel brand to open in the North Atlantic archipelago located between Norway and Iceland.
- Hilton Garden Inn Suva in Fiji, Hilton Garden Inn Albany in Australia and Hilton Garden Inn Phuket Bang Tao in Thailand – all properties opening in countries throughout Asia Pacific where the brand currently does not have a presence.
- Hilton Garden Inn Fremont in California – the brand’s first modular build.
- Hilton Garden Inn Camden Waterfront in New Jersey – part of the city’s revitalization efforts and one of the first new hotels to debut in this market in over 50 years.
About Hilton Garden Inn
The award-winning Hilton Garden Inn brand provides business and leisure guests upscale, affordable accommodations and unexpected amenities for an experience that is ‘Simply on Another Level.’ The Hilton Garden Inn Promise affirms the brand’s goal to make each guest’s stay better and brighter. Guaranteed. Team Members at more than 860 hotels in 49 countries and territories around the world ensure today’s busy travelers have a bright and satisfying experience, starting with the first hello. As a recognized F&B leader, Hilton Garden Inn serves locally sourced food and beverage at its full-service restaurants and bars, featuring cooked-to-order dishes, handcrafted cocktails, and on-trend small plates. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. For more information about Hilton Garden Inn, visit www.hgi.com or newsroom.hilton.com/hgi, and connect on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos