Hilton Study Reveals New Seven Urban Wonders of the World
October 8, 2018
Are you looking for your next global adventure? If the answer is yes, then Hilton Hotels & Resorts has somewhere for you – and if you’re not, you probably will be after reading this.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is thrilled to announce the newly identified Seven Urban Wonders of the World, an exciting collection of modern and inspiring global locations. Crowdsourced through a pool of influencers with a combined reach of 3.5 million, the list is a world-first for a travel index, showcasing amazing markets, breath-taking galleries and modern landmarks.
The wonders were chosen based on their score across a range of criteria - cuisine, culture, architecture, diversity and Instagrammability - all of which are important for creating amazing travel experiences, ensuring these destinations have something, or everything, for everyone.
So, what are you waiting for? With a collection of more than 575 hotels across the globe, when it comes to your urban wonder adventure, we’ve got you covered!
1. Louvre, Abu Dhabi
- Since opening in 2017, the Louvre, Abu Dhabi has instantly become one of the best art galleries in the world, featuring impressive installations, including Animals, Between Real and Imaginary and Japanese Connections: The Birth of Modern Décor.
Complete your experience by staying at Hilton Abu Dhabi
, just a 15-minute drive away from the Louvre and set on Corniche, the city’s prime and most vibrant beach location. With its own private beach club you can have your own space at the centre of it all.
2. Sydney Opera House, Sydney
- The iconic Sydney Opera House scored high among travellers, not only for its cultural contribution to the city, but also its position as a very Instagrammable viewpoint, looking out to Sydney Harbour Bridge. Stay at the heart of the city with the nearby Hilton Sydney
, an exciting downtown location that allows you to keep the urban adventure going or choose to escape to the hotel’s award-winning restaurant from celebrity chef Luke Mangan.
3. Tsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo
- With food and flea markets scoring high on travel preferences, this mega fish market fits the bill for modern travellers. With major changes slated for October 2018, including relocation to a new site nearby, this is a wonder set to evolve. Connect to the market from Hilton Tokyo Odaiba
and enjoy amazing waterfront views, including the Instagram-worthy Rainbow Bridge.
4. Camden Market, London
- Another one of the world’s most prominent food and flea markets, Camden Market has always had a rebellious and exciting persona, appealing to younger travellers throughout the decades. As part of the next generation of Hilton hotels, Hilton London Bankside
is ideal for the modern travellers’ urban adventure. This property is the perfect base for exploring the market and other fantastic attractions including The Shard and Tate Modern.
5. The Bund, Shanghai - As one of the city’s most historic features, this mile-long stretch of waterfront features 52 historical structures known locally as the ‘museum of buildings.’
For complimentary transport links to The Bund or the peaceful Jade Buddha Temple, stay at Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao. As well as being conveniently located, the on-site Yue Xuan restaurant offers you the best of Cantonese cuisine for an authentic taste of the region.
6. Temple Street Night Markets, Hong Kong
- The markets are one of the city’s most vibrant meeting points, showcasing cultures, foods and craft goods; a winning combination among modern travellers surveyed. For a memorable experience with iconic views of the harbour and city skyline, stay at Conrad Hong Kong
. It will serve as a convenient base, putting you at the epicentre of activity, with the Night Markets a short 20 minutes away.
7. Albertina, Vienna
- With history and art galleries continuing to be a major draw, Albertina is one of the world’s finest destinations. Set in a former Habsburg palace, but with modern, striking extensions, the building is also one of Vienna’s most photographed, with more than 70,000 posts on Instagram. Stay on the famous Ringstrasse at Hilton Vienna Plaza
, alongside some of Vienna’s most famous architectural sites. Our unique hotel offers guests the chance to experience the city’s rich heritage onsite and is within walking distance of Albertina.
View More News