Brand Awards and Milestones
- Embassy Suites by Hilton ranks #53 in Franchise Times’ Top 200 2020.
- Embassy Suites Hotels is re-branded, adding the "by Hilton" endorsement to the brand's moniker to further reinforce its identity in the Hilton portfolio.
- Embassy Suites Denver-Downtown Convention Center opens, marking the 50,000th suite in the brand's system.
- Embassy Suites celebrates the opening of its 200th hotel, the Embassy Suites Minneapolis - Brooklyn Center.
- Embassy Suites announces the launch of its "Requests Upon Arrival" program, which gives all guests the opportunity to pre-order complimentary or paid in-room offerings, services and snacks for their arrival day.
- Embassy Suites celebrates its 25th anniversary by donating $2,500 each to 25 charities in Overland Park, Kansas, where the first Embassy Suites hotel is still operating.
- All Embassy Suites hotels provide high-speed Internet access in 100% of guest suites, in the lobby, atrium, prominent guest dining areas and the business center and in all meeting/conference rooms.
- Hilton Hotels Corporation and Promus Hotel Corporation complete merger, making Embassy Suites Hotels part of the Hilton Family of Hotels.
- First international Embassy Suites property opens in Toronto-Markham, Ontario, Canada.
- Embassy Suites/Lake Buena Vista opens as the first major hotel to offer state-of-the-art construction and service devices to meet the special needs of travelers with disabilities.
- First Embassy Suites opens in Kansas City-Overland Park, Kansas.