All Suites Brands by Hilton Enter 2018 with 900 Hotels After Record Year
Leading brand category opened a new hotel nearly every three days in second half of the year
MCLEAN, Va - The All Suites brands by Hilton continue to shatter their already fast track record for growth throughout the third and fourth quarters of 2017, averaging a new property opening every three days, ending the year with a footprint of 900 opened hotels and a combined pipeline of more than 550 pending locations. Opening more than 75 new hotels in the second half of the year not only expanded the All Suites footprint into locations ranging from Kapolei, Hawaii to Charleston, South Carolina, but also demonstrated the versatility of the Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites and Home2 Suites building models, which has catapulted the brands from a mainstay of U.S. suburban markets to hotel products in high-demand in urban, ‘surban', resort and international destinations.
"From new cityscapes to coastal landscapes, the growth of the All Suites brands by Hilton has been both tremendous and transformative," said Dianna Vaughan, global head and senior vice president, All Suites brands by Hilton. "The proof is in the numbers, with the All Suites brands representing more than 17 percent of opened Hilton hotels and nearly one-fourth of the pending pipeline."
In the second half of the year, the All Suites brands by Hilton opened more than 75 hotels, which included the following notable, new locations:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Oahu Kapolei: with a central, city location, this is the brand's second hotel in Hawaii.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Syracuse Destiny USA: the first on-site hotel at Destiny USA, New York's largest shopping, dining, outlet and entertainment destination.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Charleston Historic District: the latest addition to the brand's growing roster of urban properties, this hotel is located in the heart of downtown Charleston.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Charlotte/SouthPark: as an anchor of the Hilton dual-build strategy, this is Homewood Suites' latest dual-build project with Hilton Garden Inn.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Birmingham Downtown: an urban hotel, this was the brand's first dual-build with Hilton Garden Inn.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Murfreesboro: a milestone dual-brand hotel with Tru by Hilton, the property represents the first of more than 15 pending multi-brand properties currently in the pipeline that pairs the two brands.
In addition, the All Suites brands by Hilton bolstered its strong pipeline with more than 173 new signed deals in 2017. Once these pending properties have opened, the All Suites' footprint will extend throughout out the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia and the Middle East.
Brand Achievements and Upcoming Milestones
The All Suites brands show no signs of slowing their momentum with each brand hitting and/or nearing major milestones, including:
- The All Suites pioneer is in the midst of two brand-wide refreshes designed to increase profitability and enhance the offerings at existing and new hotels, which includes the evolution of its F&B program. Additionally, another 45 hotels are expected to complete an Atrium Refresh, the brand's innovative renovation program which focuses on turning the brand's signature atriums into intimate social lobbies. Between new openings and the nearly 110 hotels that will have completed an Atrium Refresh, by the end of 2019 more than 70 percent of Embassy Suites properties will have a modern interior that is less than six years old.
- U.S. openings, international projects, and a new prototype that allows for up to 80 percent studio suites propelled the brand to its 450th property opening at the end of 2017. There were also more than 190 legacy Homewood properties that completed a renovation through the brand's "Take Flight" program.
- Home2 opened its 200th hotel at the close of 2017, while veteran hospitality media, and other brand loyalists closely tracked the milestone via the #RoadtoHome200 challenge. The brand is expected to open its 300th property by early 2019.
Collectively, the All Suites Brands are on pace to reach 1,000 opened hotels before the end of 2019.
About Embassy Suites by Hilton
Embassy Suites by Hilton, one of Hilton’s 17 market-leading brands, is dedicated to delivering what matters most to travelers. The full-service, upscale brand offers two-room suites, free made-to-order breakfast and a nightly two-hour reception with complimentary drinks and snacks. Both leisure and business travelers looking for a relaxed, yet sophisticated experience will feel right at home with brand-standard amenities like inviting atriums and complimentary 24-hour business and fitness centers. Embassy Suites by Hilton has 254 hotels with 43 in the pipeline. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard WiFi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app. For more information, visit www.embassysuites.com or newsroom.hilton.com/embassysuites, and connect with Embassy Suites by Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 17 world-class brands comprising nearly 6,000 properties with more than 954,000 rooms, in 117 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton earned a spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 100 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Home2 Suites by Hilton
Home2 Suites by Hilton, one of the fastest-growing brands in Hilton’s history, is a mid-tier, all-suite, award-winning extended-stay hotel concept designed to offer stylish accommodations with flexible guest room configurations and inspired amenities for the cost-conscious guest. With a commitment to environmentally friendly products and hotel operations, Home2 Suites offers complimentary breakfast selections with hundreds of combinations; innovative and customizable guest room designs; laundry and fitness areas; complimentary WiFi; multiple outdoor spaces; 24-hour business centers; expansive community spaces; and pet-friendly environments. Home2 Suites by Hilton has 350 hotels with 445 in the pipeline. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard WiFi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app. Visit www.home2suites.com or newsroom.hilton.com/home2suites for additional information, or here for franchising opportunities. Connect with Home2 Suites on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
About Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Hilton’s upscale, all-suite, extended-stay hotel brand with 500 locations in the United States, Mexico, and Canada, is an award-winning leader. The first choice for guests seeking comfortable accommodations when traveling for extended or quick overnight stays, Homewood Suites offers inviting, generous suites featuring separate living and sleeping areas, and fully-equipped kitchens with full-size refrigerators. Additional value-driven essentials include complimentary internet, a daily full hot breakfast, and complimentary evening socials every Monday - Thursday. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard WiFi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app. Homewood Suites is focused on guest satisfaction and stands behind each stay with its 100% Suite Assurance® guarantee. For more information on the extended-stay advantage, visit www.homewoodsuites.com or newsroom.hilton.com/homewoodsuites, and connect with Homewood Suites on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.