Welcome Fall Foliage by Visiting New DoubleTree by Hilton Hotels
Upscale, Full-Service Hotels Debut in the Heart of Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley and Upstate New York’s Adirondacks Region near Major Attractions and Colleges
MCLEAN, Va. - Travelers who wait all year to enjoy beautiful landscapes painted with a diverse color palette of leaves have two new destinations to consider this fall from Hilton's (NYSE: HLT) 14 market-leading brands.
DoubleTree by Hilton is bringing its globally recognized signature warm DoubleTree Cookie welcome to two new destinations: Utica, New York and Harrisonburg, Virginia. With each hotel touting easy access to major colleges and universities - as well as numerous outdoor activities, shopping and dining destinations - both communities provide charming backdrops for a memorable trip.
A Warm and Contemporary Oasis
- Newly debuted in July 2017, DoubleTree by Hilton Harrisonburg boasts contemporary décor designed to combine the natural textures and tones of its beautiful surroundings. Plan your itinerary in the comfort of your own room with complimentary Wi-Fi, a spacious work desk and a sleek, ergonomic chair. Other hotel highlights include a heated indoor pool, 24-hour state-of-the-art fitness center located in the Blue Ridge Atrium, flexible meeting space and Connections Restaurant & Bar, which offers a variety of handcrafted cocktails and regional favorites.
Located in the heart of Virginia's beautiful Shenandoah Valley with easy access to James Madison University, Eastern Mennonite University and Bridgewater College, the hotel is minutes from a variety of leisure activities that include:
- Harrisonburg's walkable and bikeable downtown district - complete with live music, art, history shopping and dining.
- More than 20 locally owned shops at the Shenandoah Heritage Market that feature everything from home-style canned goods to quilted fabrics.
- Dining and wine tasting at Blue Stone Vineyards, including the Toast of the Weekend Concert Series, which runs through the end of September.
- Cascading waterfalls, vistas and numerous hiking trails through more than 200,000 acres of serene protected land at Shenandoah National Park.
- The family-owned White Oak Lavender Farm featuring sprawling mountain views with flower buds available for picking during the fall bloom season.
Vintage, Old World Charm Meets Modern
- DoubleTree by Hilton Utica, which recently received a multimillion-dollar renovation, has design features that keep today's modern traveler in mind while staying true to its vintage roots dating back to 1912. Features of this historic downtown hotel include two on-site restaurants and lounges, more than 6,600 square feet of event space that can accommodate up to 300 guests and a state-of-the-art 24-hour fitness center. Additionally, select rooms come equipped with Five Feet to FitnessTM, a revolutionary room category that allows guests to pursue fitness and wellbeing in the privacy of their own room with over 11 different fitness equipment and accessory options.
Located near Utica College and the North-South Arterial, the hotel is within walking distance of well-known restaurants, coffee shops and taverns as well as the Stanley Theatre, the Utica Children's Museum and Utica Memorial Auditorium. Other neighboring attractions perfect for a getaway include:
- F.X. Matt Brewing Co. - one of the oldest family beer brewers in the U.S.
- The renowned Munson Williams-Proctor Arts Institute - featuring everything from musical and film performances to world class art exhibitions and collections.
- Numerous golf courses and jogging paths.
- A variety of guided tours through the Adirondacks, which touts one of the longest fall foliage seasons in the country.
- Utica Zoo in the heart of the picturesque Roscoe Conkling Park, which includes a children's petting zoo and several endangered species.
Both hotels are part of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton's 14 distinct hotel brands. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels save time and money and gain instant access to the benefits they care about most, such as an exclusive member discount, free Wi-Fi and a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay.
Media may access additional information on DoubleTree by Hilton Harrisonburg at news.doubletree.com/harrisonburg and for DoubleTree by Hilton Utica at news.doubletree.com/utica. For more news on DoubleTree by Hilton openings, visit news.doubletree.com.
About DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree by Hilton is a fast-growing, global portfolio of more than 590 upscale hotels with more than 136,000 rooms across 48 countries. For more than 50 years, DoubleTree by Hilton has continued to be a symbol of comfort for business and leisure travelers around the world, from welcoming guests with its signature warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie, to serving the local community. DoubleTree by Hilton offers contemporary accommodations and amenities, including unique food and beverage experiences, state-of-the-art fitness offerings and meetings and events spaces. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. To make reservations, travelers may visit doubletree.com. Connect with DoubleTree by Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Learn about the latest brand news at newsroom.hilton.com/doubletree.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos