DoubleTree by Hilton Declares "Free Cookies For All" with Global Giveaways on Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, Friday, May 15
Hotel Brand Invites Consumers to Visit Any DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Globally for a Free Cookie; Partners with World-Class Transportation Brands to Offer “Sweet Rides” to Thousands of Travelers
MCLEAN, Va. - This Friday, May 15, DoubleTree by Hilton will take National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day global with an international cookie blitz to surprise unsuspecting travelers with tens of thousands of the brand's iconic chocolate chip and walnut cookies - the same signature greeting that is offered to each guest at check-in at DoubleTree by Hilton hotels worldwide. Whether journeying by air or ground, DoubleTree by Hilton is setting out to give travelers a sweet ride in honor of the day, teaming up with some of the world's leading transportation partners, including Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental, to brighten travelers' days with free cookies at select airport locations in North America, the UK and Australia. Additionally, DoubleTree by Hilton invites anyone to walk into any of its more than 415 hotels around the world for a free cookie throughout the day - with or without a reservation.
"At DoubleTree by Hilton, we believe that no matter where you are or what you are doing, cookies have the power to make you smile. It's the reason we've welcomed guests with a warm chocolate chip cookie for more than 25 years," said John Greenleaf, global head, DoubleTree by Hilton. "Celebrating a fun, light-hearted holiday like Chocolate Chip Cookie Day is just another way we strive to surprise and delight travelers and make their journey sweeter. It's a natural extension of what we do each day at our hotels globally to deliver our award-winning service experience through special comforts, amenities and acts of kindness that are synonymous with our brand."
In addition to the global cookie giveaways, on Chocolate Chip Cookie Day DoubleTree by Hilton will launch its first ever "Cookie Bag Vote," inviting consumers to help select a brand-new packaging design for the world-famous cookie. DoubleTree by Hilton fans can visit www.facebook.com/DoubleTree through Thursday, May 21 to vote for one of three creative new looks. Voters will be entered for chances to win random prizes ranging from cookie tins to hotel stays. The winning design will be announced the following week, and DoubleTree by Hilton will start presenting guests with the freshly-packaged cookies at hotels beginning this summer.
The international celebration on May 15 continues DoubleTree by Hilton's global Cookie Care campaign, which launched last spring to celebrate the brand's milestone of handing out more than 300 million cookies at check-in worldwide. This year, as part of the campaign, DoubleTree by Hilton has spread Cookie Care by handing out thousands of free cookies during key travel moments and destinations, including Mardi Gras in New Orleans and SXSW in Austin.
2015 CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DAY ACTIVITIES
All day long, DoubleTree by Hilton will celebrate through:
- Free chocolate chip cookie giveaways to anyone walking into one of the brand's 415+ locations around the world - with or without a reservation;
- Tailored transportation partnerships to surprise travelers with thousands of free cookie giveaways, including:
- Virgin Atlantic check-in counters in San Francisco International Airport, Las Vegas' McCarran International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport and London's Gatwick and Heathrow Airports
- Virgin Australia lounges in Sydney, Melbourne and Darwin Airports
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental counters located in Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, Denver International Airport, Orlando International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport and Chicago's O'Hare International Airport
- Cookie Care events marked by free cookie giveaways in several markets around the world, such as a surprise giveaway for airlines passengers arriving at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport;
- Inviting consumers to visit www.facebook.com/DoubleTree to vote for a brand-new packaging design for the world-famous cookie, and get entered to win random prizes through Friday, May 22;
- And surprising several lucky fans with special Cookie Care packages that include the brand's famous chocolate chip cookies! For a chance to win, fans can celebrate along throughout the day by using #CookieCare on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram (@DoubleTree).
About DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree by Hilton is a fast-growing, global portfolio of nearly 590 upscale hotels with more than 135,000 rooms across 47 countries. For more than 50 years, DoubleTree by Hilton has continued to be a symbol of comfort for business and leisure travelers around the world, from welcoming guests with its signature warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie, to serving the local community. DoubleTree by Hilton offers contemporary accommodations and amenities, including unique food and beverage experiences, state-of-the-art fitness offerings and meetings and events spaces. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. To make reservations, travelers may visit doubletree.com. Connect with DoubleTree by Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Learn about the latest brand news at newsroom.hilton.com/doubletree.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,100 properties with more than 971,000 rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 103 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos