5 Melbourne Musts
24 hours in Melbourne? Let the countdown begin with these top 5 musts!
MELBOURNE, Australia - Whether it's your first time to Melbourne or you're a local wanting to explore the hot spots in under 24 hours, the DoubleTree by Hilton Melbourne - Flinders Street team has you covered. From the best brunch spots to accommodation tips, the below list of '5 Melbourne Musts in under 24 hours' ensures you experience the best of what Melbourne has to offer.
1. First things first, let's find a bed! For those who don't live in Melbourne, finding affordable and convenient accommodation can be a difficult process. Melbourne's a big city, so it's important to ensure you don't get trapped too far from the action! As we've all heard before, location, location, location. Here are our three tips when sourcing accommodation:
- Read the reviews
- Study a map
- Stick to a budget
2. Brunch-in, brunch-out. Melbournians are famous for their smashed avo, breaky burgers and fritters, but who does it best? Cumulus Inc. have been identified as the 'brunch connoisseurs' by Melbourne locals, making it a must try! Located on Flinders Lane, this place oozes trendy and serves up some stellar dishes. If you can't make it for brunch, it's also open for lunch and dinner - #winning.
3. See the city. Literally see the city. The Melbourne Star is a must for every local, newbie and tourist. The Star projects seriously amazing views of Melbourne, overlooking the Yarra River, stunning city skyline and iconic buildings, allowing you to see the city in less than 20 minutes!
4. Get the Melbourne experience. The city is covered in art, and it's vital that you take the time to see some. Head to Centre Place or AC/DC Lane and get cultured (Melbourne style). These lanes boast some of Melbourne's best street artists and will also provide an awesome Instagram photo (yes, we know what you're really after).
5. EAT. AGAIN. Melbourne has been identified as the food capital of Australia, and with this title, comes an array of top quality restaurants. With so much choice, selecting somewhere to dine that falls under the budget can be difficult. Platform 270, located in the heart of the CBD, is a buzzing restaurant that dishes up an authentic taste of the city. Known for their high-quality steaks and other Aussie comfort classics, this is a must try for anyone ready to devour some modern Australian.
About DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTree by Hilton is a fast-growing, global portfolio of more than 590 upscale hotels with more than 136,000 rooms across 48 countries. For more than 50 years, DoubleTree by Hilton has continued to be a symbol of comfort for business and leisure travelers around the world, from welcoming guests with its signature warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie, to serving the local community. DoubleTree by Hilton offers contemporary accommodations and amenities, including unique food and beverage experiences, state-of-the-art fitness offerings and meetings and events spaces. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. To make reservations, travelers may visit doubletree.com. Connect with DoubleTree by Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Learn about the latest brand news at newsroom.hilton.com/doubletree.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.