New Curio Collection by Hilton Hotels Provide Travelers with Summer Bucket List-Worthy Global Getaways
Expected to open 10 hotels this summer, Hilton’s upper upscale collection brand offers travelers more premier destinations with its expanding international portfolio
MCLEAN, Va. - With summer travel season just around the corner, Curio Collection by Hilton continues to offer unexpected getaways for curious travelers and jet-setters of all kinds as it boasts an international pipeline of 10 properties expected to open during the summer months. With more than 65 one-of-a-kind hotels around the world, the collection aims to attract curious travelers looking to explore premier destinations from the Maldives to Spain.
“Studies show that 64 percent of leisure travelers are planning to take a summer vacation this year and our goal is to provide a way for them to travel outside the norm when they book a Curio Collection hotel,” said Mark Nogal, global head, Curio Collection by Hilton. “Whether exploring Mexico City and its rich, historical heritage or decompressing in a sophisticated suite in Spain, Curio Collection properties are catalysts for travelers looking to experience a new destination, different culture and cuisines from around the world in an authentic way.”
With the addition of key locations this summer and more than 60 hotels in the global pipeline, Curio Collection has seen tremendous growth since its launch five years ago with distinctive properties spanning across six continents. From 2017 to 2018 alone, the brand saw near 30 percent growth after opening additional hotels in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific. As the brand continues to develop internationally, Curio Collection plans to continue to identify key tourism and commerce hubs around the world that meet travelers’ desire for local discovery and authentic experiences.
This year, before summer begins, travelers have time to check off the next city on their bucket list:
- 100 Queen’s Gate Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton (Opened March 2019) Ideally situated at the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, 100 Queen’s Gate Hotel London recently opened following a stunning transformation. The hotel was the former home of Victorian aristocrat William Alexander and, as part of the refurbishment, the rooms take inspiration from the rich history of this former Victorian period mansion. The hotel is surrounded by a variety of popular tourist destinations, including Kensington Palace, the Natural History Museum, as well as the famous shopping area of Knightsbridge.
- The Gabriel Miami, Curio Collection by Hilton (Opened April 2019) With its ideal location in downtown Miami, The Gabriel Miami is a sophisticated escape that offers unparalleled views of the Biscayne Bay. Guests can sip a signature cocktail from Bella's Bar poolside or try unique cuisine featuring South American and Mediterranean flavors at the highly anticipated on-site restaurant, Cvltvra.
- Higuerón Hotel Málaga, Curio Collection by Hilton (Opening June 2019) Boasting a majestic landscape overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, Higuerón Hotel Málaga is an artistic retreat that showcases the essence of Málaga. The hotel will feature 177 guest rooms and will continue to commit to sustainability with its hydroponic farm and aquaponics system. Guests can also relax at the infinity rooftop pool or dine in Michelin-starred restaurant Sollo.
- C. Baldwin, Curio Collection by Hilton (Transforming June 2019) A hyper-localized hotel inspired by the Bayou City’s unsung hero and philanthropist Charlotte Baldwin Allen, C. Baldwin will serve as a hospitality gateway to the Houston area. With stylishly inspired guestrooms, stunning common areas and state-of-the-art meetings and events offerings, C. Baldwin is upping the ante in Houston’s hospitality landscape this summer. By fall, the property will welcome a signature restaurant, Rosalie Italian Soul, by celebrity chef Chris Cosentino as well as additional curated local retailers.
- SAii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton (Opening July 2019) SAii Lagoon Maldives is a tropical escape that offers guests the sanctuary of staying on a private island just 15 minutes by boat from the airport, while also providing access to nearby shopping, dining and entertainment. The hotel features vibrant yet serene guest rooms, private suites with panoramic ocean views and one-of-a-kind cuisine at Thai fusion eatery Mr Tomyam.
- Umbral, Curio Collection by Hilton (Opening June 2019) A genuine, upscale Mexican experience in the heart of historic downtown Mexico City, Umbral is mere steps from landmark attractions such as Zocalo main square, the Cathedral, the Palace of Fine Arts and a variety of restaurants, bars and theaters. Boasting 59 rooms, Umbral brings culture to life through art created by local artists specifically for the hotel. A hanging garden, art gallery, mini cinema and book and vinyl record library enhance the authentic experience.
- Hagia Sofia Mansions, Curio Collection by Hilton (Opening summer 2019) In the heart of Sulthanahmet, the most historic area of Istanbul, Hagia Sofia Mansions emulates an elegant hideaway, combining both style and grace. The property’s suites provide a quiet escape to bustling Istanbul and each are equipped with white marble Turkish baths and close access to many nearby cultural attractions including the Hagia Sofia Museum, Istanbul’s Blue Mosque and Hippodrome Square.
- SORO Montevideo, Curio Collection by Hilton (Opening late summer 2019) The brand’s first hotel in Uruguay, SORO Montevideo will offer a prime location in front of Tomas Gomensoro square, in close proximity to the beach in Pocitos and in a premium commercial and residential neighborhood in the country’s capital city of Montevideo. The newly built hotel will offer modern décor in its 40 guestrooms and premium food and beverage options for all to indulge in.
All existing and upcoming hotels within the Curio Collection by Hilton portfolio offer travelers the benefits and reassurance of the Hilton name, which includes Hilton’s award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors. Through Hilton Honors, members can earn points for their stay and enjoy digital tools available exclusively through the Hilton Honors mobile app, where members can check-in, choose their room, and access their room using a Digital Key. From now until September 8, Hilton Honors members can earn Double Points on each stay starting on their second stay, in addition to Plus-Up Point Bonuses along the way. Therefore, whether travelers are heading to The Gabriel Miami for the kids’ summer vacation or to SAii Lagoon Maldives for a couple’s getaway during Labor Day weekend, Hilton Honors members can earn more Points than ever this season.
About Curio Collection by Hilton
Curio Collection by Hilton is an upper-upscale, global portfolio of nearly 80 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts. Curio Collection properties provide travelers authentic, curated experiences through distinctly local offerings and unexpected amenities, while providing the benefits of Hilton and its award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors. Read the latest brand and hotel stories at newsroom.hilton.com/curio, and connect with Curio Collection on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 17 world-class brands comprising nearly 6,000 properties with more than 954,000 rooms, in 117 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton earned a spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 100 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.