Hilton Expands Presence in Central America with the Signing of Nine Hotels Across Five Countries
Properties will add approximately 1,300 rooms across five brands
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton (NYSE: HLT) announces the expansion of its Latin American footprint with new deals signed in Central America. Now, Hilton boasts a pipeline of nine hotels across five countries in Central America, representing five of Hilton's world-class brands: Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn by Hilton.
These nine projects will deliver approximately 1,300 Hilton guest rooms in Central America, representing more than 10 percent of the company's pipeline of approximately 11,300 rooms in Latin America - where Hilton has more than 70 properties under development. The addition of these hotels in Central America will also have a positive impact on employment, representing an estimated 1,000 jobs.
"Our team's strategic focus on growing our presence in key Latin American markets and an increase in demand across Central America have contributed to our substantial growth in the region," said Juan Corvinos, managing director of development, Mexico, Central America, Andean region and Hispanic Caribbean, Hilton. "With more than 100 existing hotels and resorts, representing nine brands across all of Latin America, we are steadfast in our efforts to introduce the best-performing portfolio of brands in the industry to this part of the world."
Most notably and the newest signing is Hilton Guatemala City, which is expected to open in Q4 2018. The hacienda-style property will feature 130 guest rooms, lavish décor and ample gardens. Located in the capital of Guatemala, the hotel will be situated alongside the Carretera a El Salvador, a major artery connecting the hotel to the main commercial and office districts of the city.
The additional properties include:
- Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club, Curio Collection by Hilton: The first Hilton property in Belize, Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club is also one of the first luxury resorts from a global brand in the country. Slated to open by the end of this year, the rustic-chic resort will feature 205 cottage and villa-style rooms on a 60-acre property in San Pedro key with bay and beach clubs, private residences, spa, meeting spaces and "The Village," a vibrant public space.
- Gran Hotel Costa Rica, Curio Collection by Hilton: Expected to open in Q1 2018, Gran Hotel Costa Rica is located in the heart of San Jose, Costa Rica. The 79-room property will feature a state-of-the-art fitness center, signature restaurant with international cuisine and local flavors, and a piano bar offering unparalleled views of the city as well as a specialty menu with whiskey and gin from around the world.
- Botanika Osa Peninsula, Curio Collection by Hilton: Slated to open in 2020, Botanika Osa Peninsula sits in a Costa Rican tropical rainforest. The eco-friendly, 176-room resort will feature an outdoor natural pool, fitness center, luxury spa with more than 30 rainforest treatments, 1,550-square-foot conference center and several dining offerings.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Jose La Sabana: Expected to welcome guests in 2020, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Jose La Sabana in Costa Rica will feature 132 guest rooms and suites as well as a health club and spa. Situated in a mixed-use tower, the building will include retail outlets on the ground floor and residential units on the top floor.
- Hilton Garden Inn Santa Ana: Situated in Costa Rica's greater San Jose metropolitan area, Hilton Garden Inn Santa Ana will feature 138 guest rooms as well as 1,500 square feet of meeting space. Set to open in 2019, the property will offer guests a full-service restaurant and indoor pool.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton San Jose La Sabana: Slated to open in 2021, Hampton Inn by Hilton San Jose La Sabana in Costa Rica will serve as a hub for leisure and business travelers. The hotel will include 150 guest rooms with 12 suites and feature nearly 2,000 square feet of meeting space.
- Hilton Garden Inn Tegucigalpa: Marking the debut of the Hilton Garden Inn brand in Honduras, the 173-room hotel is set to open in 2021. The property will form part of the mixed-use complex that will be home to the Real de Minas Mall, boasting office space and entertainment options. Hilton Garden Inn Tegucigalpa will feature on-property dining options, an outdoor pool and fitness center, as well as nearly 13,000 square feet of flexible event space.
- Hampton Inn by Hilton David: Set to open in 2019 in Panama's Chiriqui province, Hampton Inn by Hilton David will feature 120 guest rooms, and entertainment and dining options, including a lobby bar, 24-hour market with snacks and sundries, and access to a casino.
All hotels will form part of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton's 14 distinct hotel brands. Members who book directly have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount, free standard Wi-Fi and access to the Hilton Honors mobile app.
Hilton currently has a portfolio of more than 100 hotels and resorts open and welcoming travelers in Latin America, with 14 in Central America - including the most recently opened hotel in the region, Indura Beach & Golf Resort, Curio Collection by Hilton.
For more information, please visit newsroom.hilton.com.
+1 786 866 7240
Quinn PR (for Hilton)
+1 786 600 3954 x29
About Curio Collection by Hilton
Curio Collection by Hilton is an upper-upscale, global portfolio of more than 90 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts. Curio Collection properties offer travelers authentic, curated experiences through distinctly local offerings and elevated amenities, while providing the benefits of Hilton and its award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors. Read the latest brand and hotel stories at newsroom.hilton.com/curio, and connect with Curio Collection on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.