Leader Perspectives Featuring Laura Fuentes: On Bold + Brilliant at TEDWomen 2019
Last week I spent a few days at the TEDWomen 2019 Conference Bold + Brilliant. Men and women came from across the globe to one of our beautiful properties, La Quinta Resort, A Waldorf Astoria in Palm Springs. Hilton had the opportunity to host a luncheon with leaders from across academia, global NGOs and Fortune 100 companies to discuss workforce challenges and the trends impacting women. I was moved by these honest conversations about career trajectory, longevity and authenticity.
Here are five of my key takeaways:
- One person with a dream can do incredible things, but a collective group is unstoppable. Get people on board with your ideas to make real impact.
- The lunch dialogue reminded me of our core beliefs in this space: Diversity is a fact, inclusion is a choice, belonging is the outcome.
- Pave your way, lead with your work, be open to new possibilities but be an active architect of your journey.
- Pull people up behind you: leaders should also be actively and inclusively looking for the next generation of leaders.
- A favorite quote came from Cara E. Yar Khan from Princess Rising, who shared that “Courage is the balance between fear and bravery.” How have you been courageous today?