Hilton Worldwide Unveils the 2014 CEO Light & Warmth Award Winners
Twelve Individuals Receive the Company’s Highest Honor
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton Worldwide today announced that 12 Team Members at owned, managed and franchise properties have received the 2014 CEO Light & Warmth Award. This award is the highest accolade any individual can achieve, and was established to recognize exceptional Team Members and franchisee employees who embody Hilton Worldwide's Values of Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership and Now.
In 2014, more than 2,000 Team Members and franchisee employees from around the world were nominated by their colleagues, and finalists were selected by a committee with representatives from across the company. The 12 winners were ultimately chosen by Hilton Worldwide President & CEO Christopher J. Nassetta.
"The winners of this award, both past and present, have played a huge part in our company's success over the last several years," said Nassetta. "They truly embody our founder Conrad Hilton's vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality and consistently go beyond expectations to bring our values to life."
The 2014 CEO Light & Warmth Award winners are:
- Anton Cobb, Senior Sales Manager, Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, OR
- Peter Curtis, Beech Restaurant Manager, Waldorf Astoria Orlando, FL
- Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales, Embassy Suites Centennial Olympic Park, GA
- Kassie Landry, General Manager, Homewood Suites by Hilton Decatur-Forsyth, IL
- Zakaria Mohktar, Security Manager, Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village, Egypt
- Rosalba Orwoll, Executive Housekeeper, Embassy Suites Austin Arboretum, TX
- Tony Prytula, Senior Bellman, Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, Canada
- Abdulla Rasheed, Safety and Security Manager, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, Maldives
- Celeste Reeves, Catering Manager, DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown, NY
- David Scott, Director of Sales, Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista, NE
- Rebecca Shaw, Banquet Captain, Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, GA
- Franny Stroeken, Operations Manager, DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station, Netherlands
Hilton Worldwide Team Members and employees of franchisees working at any Hilton Worldwide property or corporate office are eligible, and winners are announced annually from around the world.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos