Hilton Worldwide Announces 2013 CEO Light & Warmth Award Winners
Eleven Selected to Receive the Company’s Highest Honor for Team Members
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton Worldwide today announced that 11 of its Team Members have received the 2013 CEO Light & Warmth Award, the company's highest honor. This award was established to recognize exceptional Team Members who embody Hilton Worldwide's Values of Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership and Now.
The finalists were nominated by their colleagues and selected from more than 3,300 nominations by a committee of Team Members from across the company. The 11 winners were ultimately chosen from a group of finalists by Hilton Worldwide President & CEO Christopher J. Nassetta.
"I am impressed every day by our exceptional Team Members around the world, and these 11 individuals in particular provide inspiration for us all," said Nassetta. "I am proud to recognize and celebrate these Team Members for their commitment and passion for always delivering exceptional guest experiences."
The 2013 CEO Light & Warmth Award winners are:
- Sara Ashenafi - Safety Deposit Box Clerk, Waldorf Astoria New York
- Chris Bryant - Operations Manager, Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Airport Westshore
- Dennis Cavner - Lead Engineer, Hilton Minneapolis
- Hai Ping Chen - Driver, Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay
- Deysire Dayhoff - Executive Housekeeper, DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Naples
- Samantha Jayakumar - Training Specialist, Kings Land by Hilton Grand Vacations Club
- Jacqueline Jeanes - Front Desk, Hilton Cardiff
- Alice Lamper - Housekeeping, Hampton Inn Williamsport
- Obed Mbatha - Doorman, Hilton Durban
- Willie Nero - Cook, DoubleTree by Hilton Augusta
- Juan Rolando - Senior Concierge, Hilton Lima Miraflores
All Team Members from Hilton Worldwide's hotels and corporate offices are eligible, and winners are announced annually.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos