Hilton Worldwide Announces 2012 CEO Light & Warmth Award Winners
Twelve Selected to Receive the Pinnacle Award for Team Members
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton Worldwide has announced that twelve of its Team Members have received the 2012 CEO Light & Warmth Award, the company's highest honor. This award was established to recognize exceptional Team Members who embody Hilton Worldwide's Values of Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership and Now.
The finalists were nominated by their colleagues and selected from more than 1,000 nominations by a committee of Team Members from across the company. Then the twelve winners were chosen from the group of finalists by Hilton Worldwide President & CEO Christopher J. Nassetta.
"At Hilton Worldwide we firmly believe in recognizing and celebrating our Team Members for their hard work and commitment to our guests," said Nassetta. "The recipients of this award have shown exceptional dedication through outstanding acts of generosity and selfless service, and they are an inspiration for us all."
The 2012 CEO Light & Warmth Award winners are:
- Pedro Amorim - Assistant F&B Manager, Hilton Orlando
- Henrietta Clanton - Dishwasher, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Collinsville - St. Louis
- Tom Dempsey - General Manager, Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis South I-55
- Evangelos Karakoulias - Environment, Health, Safety & Hygiene Manager, Hilton Abu Dhabi
- Cho Sang Keun - Supervisor, Millennium Seoul Hilton
- Willie Lewis - Houseman/Laundry, DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Buffalo Downtown
- Annette Mayerl - Human Resources Officer, Hilton Croydon
- Molly Mooney - Guest Service Manager, Homewood Suites by Hilton Champaign-Urbana
- Pete Rudewicz - Sr. Director, Focused Service Brands, Architecture & Construction, Memphis Brands & Commercial Services Center
- Rick Sample - Chief Engineer, Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Airport
- Lisa Sherriff - Assistant Manager - Hilton Lake Taupo
- Vasile "Billy" Tuturici - Housekeeping Supervisor, Waldorf Astoria New York
All of the approximately 300,000 Team Members working at Hilton Worldwide's owned, managed and franchised properties and corporate offices around the globe are eligible to receive this award. Nominations are now being accepted for 2013.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 16 world-class brands comprising more than 5,600 properties with nearly 913,000 rooms, in 113 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton earned a spot on the 2018 world’s best workplaces list, and has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its nearly 100 year history. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program, Hilton Honors, nearly 85 million members who book directly with Hilton have access to instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.Download Article Photos