Hilton Recognizes Team Members with 2016 CEO Light & Warmth Award
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today announced the 12 winners of its 2016 CEO Light & Warmth Award. This recognition is the most prestigious accolade the company awards to exceptional Team Members and franchisee employees who embody the company's vision and mission, as well as its values of Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership and Now.
In 2016, nearly 1,000 Team Members and franchisee employees submitted nominations recognizing their own colleagues for demonstrating the Hilton values at work and in their own personal lives. A committee of representatives from across the company selects the finalists and Hilton President & CEO Christopher J. Nassetta chooses the 12 winners.
"Our CEO Light & Warmth Award recipients are truly inspiring leaders who go above and beyond to spread the light and warmth of hospitality each and every day," said Nassetta. "I am incredibly proud of each of this year's recipients, and we are all honored to have them as part of our team."
The 2016 CEO Light & Warmth Award winners are:
- Ossama Atwa, Housekeeping Senior Supervisor - Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort
- Kevin Barker, Chief Engineer - Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile
- Julian Grainger, Executive Chef - Hilton Minneapolis
- Bill Hao, Laundry Attendant - Hilton Shenzhen Shekou Nanhai
- Jorge Montanero, Chief of Security - Hilton Colon Guayaquil
- Craig Poole, General Manager - DoubleTree by Hilton Reading (Pennsylvania)
- Jessica Pruitt, Coordinator for BPS Homewood/Home2 - Corporate Office (Memphis)
- Abdullah Qassemi, Guest Services - Hilton San Francisco Union Square
- Alexander Spitaler, Executive Housekeeper - Hilton Vienna Danube
- Amparo Torres, Executive Housekeeper - Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando UCF
- Leonie Trottmann, Human Resources & Accounting Assistant - Hilton Garden Inn Davos
- Yesica Villalobos, Front Office Manager - Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt
All Team Members of Hilton and its franchisees - including all brands and corporate offices around the world are eligible for the CEO Light & Warmth Award.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos