Hilton Recognized as One of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work® and Fortune
Most hospitable company in the world climbs 41 positions to rank #15
MCLEAN, Va. - Today, global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work® and Fortune magazine announced that Hilton (NYSE:HLT) has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women in 2017. Fortune's third annual list of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women highlights companies with generous benefits, flexible schedules, and an emphasis on balancing work and life. Rankings are determined by employee surveys and the representation of women within the organizations.
"We are honored and proud to be listed as one of the best places to work for women for the second year in a row," said Laura Fuentes, Senior Vice President, Talent, Rewards and People Analytics, Hilton. "Our Purpose is to be the most hospitable company in the world and we extend the essence of this to both our guests and Team Members. Our women leaders are a unique source of talent, expertise and inspiration, bringing valued diversity of thought and experience to the workplace."
Hilton offers leading programs that support the development of Team Members across the company and create a great working environment, including:
- Women's Team Member Resource Group, a global program that provides a collaborative environment to promote professional growth through networking and development.
- Women in Leadership Excellence, a program hosted by Darden Business School at the University of Virginia that engages participants to successfully navigate their careers as female executives during a one-week program focused on strategy, negotiation, communications and leadership practices.
- Executive Committee Networking Program, a program where Executive Committee members mentor rising stars across the business.
- Adoption Assistance, an industry-leading program that offers $10,000 of adoption assistance to eligible Team Members for each child they adopt.
- Parental Leave, an expanded policy to provide 10 weeks of leave to new mothers and two weeks of paid leave to new fathers. Our policy is the best offered by any major hospitality company in the U.S., and it covers Team Members at all levels of the company, including both salaried and hourly employees.
- Hilton University, a learning and development resource that helps Team Members plan and manage their careers, as well as develop skills to help them advance.
- Go Hilton, a program that provides exclusive travel discounts and perks for Team Members, as well as their family and friends. Since its launch in May, the program has been used to book 800,000 room nights.
Hilton was also a key signatory of the White House Equal Pay Pledge in 2016 and launched Thrive@Hilton this year, which is an evolution of the Team Member Value proposition designed to support Team Members in Body, Mind and Spirit for all employees at hotels and corporate offices.
"Thrive@Hilton particularly resonates with women" says Fuentes. "And, we are proud to create a supportive environment and that helps Team Members feel more resilient, focused and optimistic about their work, which we believe will support our company's continued success."
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.