Hilton Named a Top 50 Company for Diversity by DiversityInc
The hospitality leader climbs to number 30 and is recognized in six specialty lists
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today announced it has once again been named a Top-50 Company for Diversity by DiversityInc, climbing 12 places over last year to number 30. Hilton was also recognized on six additional DiversityInc lists, including: Top Companies for Mentoring, Top Companies for Supplier Diversity, Top Companies for People with Disabilities, Top Companies for Employee Resource Groups, Top Companies for Veterans and Top Companies for Global Diversity.
"Hilton's culture of hospitality is grounded in our commitment to diversity and inclusion," said Christopher J. Nassetta, president and CEO, Hilton. "We know creating a welcoming environment where Team Members can bring their authentic selves to work makes our company stronger and ultimately drives better results."
Hilton's diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives include:
- Team Member Resource Groups celebrating diverse Team Member populations such as veterans, women and African Americans
- Industry-leading Team Member benefits (e.g., parental leave, adoption assistance, GED assistance) supporting personal and professional growth
- Property ownership opportunities for women and people of color
- A supplier program that procures products and services from diversely owned businesses
- Innovative recruitment, learning and leadership development programs
- An Executive Diversity Council providing oversight of all diversity and inclusion efforts
- Quarterly reporting of Team Member metrics to highlight inclusion and diversity opportunities
"We believe strongly in recruiting and retaining incredibly talented Team Members who represent many different cultures, backgrounds and viewpoints," said Matt Schuyler, chief human resource officer, Hilton. "Diversity and inclusion are a part of the DNA of our organization."
In March, Hilton announced it jumped 30 places (to No. 26) on the 2017 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, which recognizes companies that have exceptional workplace cultures. Other recent accolades include:
- Best of the Best Corporations for Inclusion award from the National Business Inclusion Consortium
- A perfect score of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
- Great Place to Work distinctions in eight countries already this year including China, Colombia, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Peru, United Arab Emirates, and United States
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos