Hilton Hotels in South East Asia Receive Recognition for Outstanding Company Culture With Six New Great Place to Work Certifications
Drawing from 8,000 team member responses, certifications are testament to Hilton’s commitment to innovation and excellence in the workplace
SINGAPORE - Hilton, one of the fastest-growing hospitality companies in the world, has received certification as a Great Place to Work in six countries across South East Asia – namely Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. This comes off the back of two wins earlier this year – as the top global hospitality company to work for in the Asia’s Best Multinational Workplace 2019 list, according to global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work®, as well as the No. 1 company on Fortune’s 2019 Best Companies to Work For in the US list.
Building on the company’s ongoing celebrations as it marks its centennial year, the accolade is testament to Hilton’s people-centric culture, which include initiatives such as:
- Heart of House, an initiative that creates ownable spaces for Team Members. To make Hilton a great place to work, features such as Wi-Fi, popular food offerings and inviting decorations in the back-of-house areas which are designed to mirror the hospitality the hotels extend to guests.
- Travel with Purpose, Hilton's corporate responsibility commitment enables Team Members to positively impact local environments and communities around the world, through initiatives such as Travel with Purpose Action Grants and Global Week of Service. In South East Asia, nine hotels received the Travel with Purpose Action Grants last year, empowering Team Members to take ownership and generate creative ideas that strengthen local communities, while driving value for their hotels and offices.
- Celebrating diversity in the workplace, through initiatives such as Women in Leadership workshops and conferences that have empowered more than 420 female Team Members since 2016, helping them in their career journeys. This commitment was reinforced when Hilton pledged to further drive diversity across Asia Pacific as a Singapore IMPACT Champion in support of HeForShe, an UN-led gender equality movement.
- Opportunities for development through Hilton University, an online learning resource that helps Team Members plan, manage and develop skills to support their career advancement, as well as E3 (Elevate, Engage, Excel), a development framework dedicated to helping leaders hone their leadership skills and the SEA Management Trainee program, which helps trainees understand the fundamentals of hotel operations which providing them with the opportunity to develop leadership skills alongside senior hotel leaders.
- Go Hilton, a program that provides exclusive travel discounts and perks for Team Members, as well as their family and friends.
- Opportunities for recognition through programs such as Catch Me at My Best, the CEO Light & Warmth Awards and Team Member Appreciation Week that acknowledge Team Members at all levels from guests, peers and managers.
Paul Hutton, vice president, operations, South East Asia shared, “We are in the business of people serving people: investing in our Team Members will always be of top priority to us. Even as we expand our presence across the region, we remain committed to developing a skilled and sustainable workforce that will deliver the light and warmth of Hilton’s hospitality no matter where our guests are in the world. This certification is a reminder of how far we’ve come, but also of how much further we can go, and I’m excited to embark on that journey alongside such a dedicated and passionate team.”
To be certified as a Great Place to Work, companies must meet the minimum quantitative threshold on the Great Place to Work Trust Index© Employee Survey, which gathers feedback from employees on how credibility, respect and fairness are expressed in the workplace. With the requirements met, companies are certified as a Great Place to Work in the countries for one year.
To find out more on Great Place to Work® Certified organizations, please click here.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,200 properties with more than 983,000 rooms, in 118 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness and disinfection to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the 108 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.