Jahn at Conrad Koh Samui Introduces the ‘Journey of Jahn’ Dining Experience
KOH SAMUI, Thailand - Jahn at Conrad Koh Samui, today celebrates winning three global awards at the World Luxury Restaurant Awards 2016 by presenting a new tasting menu. Created by Conrad Koh Samui's Executive Chef, Amporn Choeng-Ngam, the impressive dinner menu is named the 'Journey of Jahn'. This dinner menu harmoniously combines traditional Thai cooking techniques and flavours to offer guests an opportunity to try some of Thailand's most traditional dishes.
Inspired by a story of a local fisherman, farmer, and hunter who lived a simple life on a tropical Thai island, Chef Amporn carefully crafted the five-course Journey of Jahn so that each dish would celebrate the culture and produce of Koh Samui. He thoughtfully selected and worked with local ingredients such as fresh coconut, red tuna, and lobster to match with old and new world wines.
The Journey of Jahn dinner menu comprises of:
- Amuse Bouche - 3 kinds of Thai snacks; Toong Thong, Miang Kum, and Por-Pia Thod.
These famous Thai hors d'oeuvres are served in canapé style.
- Appetizers - Plaa Pla Bai Bua: seared red tuna with Thai herbs, lemon and mint sauce.
This creation is inspired by a story of a fisherman who starts his daily routine early in the morning, catching fish to eat and to sell at the fresh market. Chef serves this dish on a misted-lotus leaf, reminiscent of the morning dew.
- Appetizer 2 - Goong Yang Ma Prow Hom: grilled lobster with Thai herbs and coconut reduction served in red curry sauce with tapioca pearls.
This dish features famous local ingredients - coconut and lobster - as well as combining the cooking techniques of the fisherman in the story. Chef grills the lobster with local-wood charcoal and seasons it with fresh coconut and a secret spice recipe from the fisherman.
- Entrée - A choice between Gai Ob Fang - sous-vide chicken breast and fresh wheat grain served with Thai dipping sauce and smoky single malt whisky - or Kha Naa Moo Krob - roasted crispy pork with Thai kale and ruby sauce.
- Gai Ob Fang is inspired by a farmer's life after harvesting season. For this dish, Chef evokes the diners' senses with the aromas of the harvesting season by smoking the dish at the table using lit rice straws.
- Kha Naa Moo Krob tells a story of a hunter. Chef transforms this simple yet flavourful local favourite with his deft culinary skills and introduces a red sauce which symbolizes the victory of a hunting game.
- Dessert Set - Thai Melon Ice-cream, Midori syrup and Gluay Tup: Grilled banana, banana parfait, almond crumbles and blossoms with caramel sauce. Beautifully presented in a petal of banana blossom, this dessert highlights the sweetness of Thailand and shines a spotlight on sweet treats from local markets.
The 'Journey of Jahn' dinner set menu is priced at THB 2,999* per person (food only) or THB 5,199* per person with wine pairing (subject to VAT and service charge). Conrad Koh Samui offers a complimentary round trip transfer for patrons wanting to experience this newest dinner set menus. Simply make your reservations a minimum of 6-hours in advance and the resort concierge will send a limousine to pick you up in style from anywhere on Koh Samui.
For more information and dinner reservations, call our Conrad Service at +66 (0) 77 915 888 or email email@example.com. To learn more about or connect with Conrad Koh Samui, please visit www.conradhotels.com/kohsamui.
About Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Spanning five continents with nearly 40 properties, Conrad Hotels & Resorts has created a seamless connection between contemporary design, leading innovation and curated art to inspire the entrepreneurial spirit of the globally connected traveler. Conrad is a place where guests can experience service and style on their own terms – all while connecting with local and global culture. Connect with Conrad by booking at www.conradhotels.com or through the Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn more about the brand by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/conradhotels, and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,100 properties with more than 971,000 rooms, in 119 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company, Hilton welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2019 World’s Best Workplaces list, and was named the 2019 Global Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, more than 103 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy, plus enjoy instant benefits, including digital check-in with room selection, Digital Key, and Connected Room. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.Download Article Photos