Hilton’s Luxury Hotels and Resorts in Asia Pacific Celebrated by Industry’s Most Prestigious Awards Programs
22 Waldorf Astoria and Conrad hotels and resorts across Asia Pacific recognized in Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards, Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards and World Travel Awards
SINGAPORE - Hilton's (NYSE: HLT) luxury brands Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts received accolades across the hospitality industry’s esteemed awards programs, namely the Conde Nast Traveler 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards, Travel + Leisure 2021 World’s Best Awards, and World Travel Awards 2021. In Asia Pacific, a total of 22 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts were conferred top honors in their respective destinations, from China to the Pacific Islands, with Conrad Hotels & Resorts awarded the top spot as Asia’s Leading Luxury Business Hotel Brand at the World Travel Awards.
“Being recognized among the world’s best hotels in these highly acclaimed award programs is a great honor for our team members at our Waldorf Astoria and Conrad properties in Asia Pacific and inspires us to remain resilient. While the pandemic might have changed travel landscapes and the mindsets of our guests, our luxury brands remain committed to delivering unparalleled experiences and personalized service to our valued guests, giving them the confidence and peace of mind to stay at our hotels as soon as they are ready to do so,” said Nils-Arne Schroeder, vice president of Luxury & Lifestyle, Asia Pacific, Hilton.
Voted by readers of Conde Nast Traveler as the Top Hotel in China and second Best Hotel in the World, Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund exemplifies True Waldorf Service by delivering unsurpassed levels of personal service and unforgettable moments. This accolade is reinforced by the World Travel Awards 2021, where it was named as Shanghai's Leading Luxury Hotel 2021 offering Shanghai's Leading Hotel Suite.
In the Chinese capital, the iconic Waldorf Astoria Beijing was ranked the number two Top Hotel in China and ninth Best Hotel in the World by Conde Nast Travelers’ readers, while World Travel Awards 2021 named it Beijing's Leading Luxury Hotel. Additionally, Waldorf Astoria Chengdu was crowned as Asia’s Leading Luxury Hotel in the World Travel Awards 2021.
Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi received double recognition as one of the 80 Best Hotels in the World and 13th Best Resort Hotel in Asia by readers of Travel + Leisure. Similarly, Conde Nast Travelers’ 2021 Readers Choice Awards identified the tropical island paradise as one of the 15 Top Resorts in the Indian Ocean.
For Conrad Hotels & Resorts, being named Asia’s Leading Luxury Business Hotel Brand is a testament to how the brand consistently delivers a smart, seamless connection between contemporary design, leading innovation and curated art to deliver a more inspired stay for guests. Additionally, Conrad hotels and resorts in Asia Pacific received an impressive 30 distinctions across the three awards programs. This includes Conrad Koh Samui being recognized as Asia’s Leading Honeymoon Resort and Conrad Bangkok as Asia’s Luxury Business Hotel.
Found in the world’s most desirable locations, Conrad properties are leaders in their destinations with Conrad Hong Kong ranking as the second Top hotel in Hong Kong and Conrad Tokyo as the fifth Top Hotel in Japan. With utmost personalized and intuitive service, Conrad hotel and resorts appeal to the modern traveler who seeks meaningful connections to the destination and culture whilst indulging in curated experiences in a world of style.
The full list of Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts awards across the three awards programs:
Conde Nast Traveler 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards
More than 800,000 Condé Nast Traveler readers submitted responses rating their travel experiences across the globe to provide a full snapshot about the places they cannot wait to return to next. The Readers’ Choice Awards are the longest-running and one of the most prestigious recognition of excellence in the travel industry.
- Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund - No. 1 Hotel in China and No. 2 Hotel in the World
- Waldorf Astoria Beijing – No. 2 Hotel in China and No. 9 Hotel in the World
- Waldorf Astoria Chengdu – No. 6 Hotel in China
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi – No. 15 Resort in the Indian Ocean
- Conrad Beijing – No. 7 Hotel in China
- Conrad Hong Kong – No. 2 Hotel in Hong Kong
- Conrad Tokyo – No. 5 Hotel in Japan
- Conrad Bora Bora Nui – No. 10 Resort in Australia and The South Pacific
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island – No. 23 Resort in the Indian Ocean
Travel + Leisure 2021 World’s Best Awards
Through a readers’ survey, hotels were rated on criteria such as rooms and facilities, location, service, food as well as value. The Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards is an essential, trusted source for inspiration and guidance as travelers once again make plans to set out on trips around the globe.
- Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi – No. 80 Best Hotel in the World and No. 13 Best Resort Hotel in Asia
- Conrad Bora Bora Nui – No. 3 Best Resort in the South Pacific
World Travel Awards 2021
Established in 1993, the annual World Travel Awards is judged and determined by accomplished professionals in the travel and tourism industry and everyday travelers. Recognized globally as the pinnacle of industry excellence, the World Travel Awards serves to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence across all sectors of the global travel and tourism industry.
- Asia's Leading Luxury Business Hotel Brand 2021: Conrad Hotels & Resorts
- Asia's Leading Luxury Hotel 2021: Waldorf Astoria Chengdu, China
- Asia's Leading Honeymoon Resort 2021: Conrad Koh Samui, Thailand
- Asia's Leading Luxury Business Hotel 2021: Conrad Bangkok, Thailand
- Oceania's Leading Resort 2021: Conrad Bora Bora Nui, French Polynesia
- French Polynesia's Leading Resort 2021: Conrad Bora Bora Nui
- Japan's Leading City Hotel 2021: Conrad Osaka
- Philippines' Leading Conference Hotel 2021: Conrad Manila
- South Korea's Leading Hotel 2021: Conrad Seoul
- South Korea's Leading Hotel Suite 2021: Penthouse Suite @ Conrad Seoul
- Maharashtra's Leading Business Hotel 2021: Conrad Pune
- China's Leading Luxury Hotel 2021: Waldorf Astoria Chengdu
- China's Leading Conference Hotel 2021: Conrad Macao
- China's Leading Hotel 2021: Conrad Hangzhou
- China's Leading Hotel Residences 2021: Conrad Tianjin
- China's Leading Hotel Suite 2021: Presidential Suite @ Conrad Beijing
- China's Leading Resort 2021: Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay
- China's Leading Wedding Venue 2021: Conrad Sanya Haitang Bay
- Beijing's Leading Luxury Hotel 2021: Waldorf Astoria Beijing
- Shanghai's Leading Hotel Suite 2021: Presidential Suite @ Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund
- Shanghai's Leading Luxury Hotel 2021: Waldorf Astoria Shanghai on the Bund
- Sichuan's Leading Hotel 2021: Waldorf Astoria Chengdu
- Sichuan's Leading Hotel Suite 2021: Royal Suite @ Waldorf Astoria Chengdu
- Beijing's Leading Business Hotel 2021: Conrad Beijing
- Beijing's Leading Hotel 2021: Conrad Beijing
- Fujian's Leading Hotel Suite 2021: King Presidential Suite @ Conrad Xiamen
- Guangdong's Leading Business Hotel 2021: Conrad Guangzhou
- Guangdong's Leading Hotel 2021: Conrad Guangzhou
- Liaoning's Leading Business Hotel 2021: Conrad Dalian
- Liaoning's Leading Hotel Suite 2021: Presidential Suite @ Conrad Dalian
- Tianjin's Leading Hotel 2021: Conrad Tianjin
To learn more about Hilton, please visit newsroom.hilton.com
About Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Spanning five continents with 40 properties, Conrad Hotels & Resorts has created a seamless connection between contemporary design, leading innovation and curated art to inspire the entrepreneurial spirit of the globally connected traveler. Conrad is a place where guests can experience service and style on their own terms — all while connecting with local and global culture. Experience a positive stay at Conrad Hotels & Resorts by booking at conradhotels.com or through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Learn more about Conrad Hotels & Resorts at newsroom.hilton.com/conradhotels, and follow the brand on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 18 world-class brands comprising more than 6,700 properties and more than 1 million rooms, in 122 countries and territories. Dedicated to fulfilling its founding vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, Hilton has welcomed more than 3 billion guests in its more than 100-year history, earned a top spot on the 2021 World’s Best Workplaces list, and been recognized as a global leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices for five consecutive years. In 2020, Hilton CleanStay was introduced, bringing an industry-defining standard of cleanliness to hotels worldwide. Through the award-winning guest loyalty program Hilton Honors, the nearly 123 million members who book directly with Hilton can earn Points for hotel stays and experiences money can’t buy. With the free Hilton Honors app, guests can book their stay, select their room, check in, unlock their door with a Digital Key and check out, all from their smartphone. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a portfolio of nearly 35 iconic properties that creates a unique sense of place with a relentless commitment to personal service and culinary expertise in landmark locations around the world. Unified by their inspirational environments and True Waldorf Service, Waldorf Astoria hotels deliver graceful service from the moment a guest books through checkout. In addition to the brand’s renowned hotel offerings, Waldorf Astoria boasts a best-in-class residential portfolio that provides the comfort of a private home combined with the unsurpassed amenities and legendary service of Waldorf Astoria. Waldorf Astoria is part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Experience a positive stay at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts by booking at waldorfastoria.com or through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Learn more about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts at newsroom.hilton.com/waldorfastoria, and follow the brand on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.