Clean the World Challenge
Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton are rolling up their sleeves for the Clean the World Challenge.
The brands are challenging hotel owners and Team Members to collect bars of soap left behind by guests to be recycled into 1 million bars of new soap by Global Handwashing Day on October 15.
Clean the World Foundation, the world's largest non-profit organization to recycle discarded hotel soap will distribute the recycled soap to communities in need in 127 countries around the globe.
Clean the World Challenge Counter
Bars of Soap Created
Hilton is committed to recycling 1 million bars of soap by fall 2019.
- 2 million: bars of partially used hotel soap thrown away every day in the U.S.
- 7.6 million: bars of recycled soap distributed to communities in need across 127 countries over the past 10 years because of Hilton’s contributions
- 2,274,303: Pounds of Hilton soap and amenity bottle waste diverted from landfills
- 60%: Reduction in death rate of children under the age of five dying due to hygiene-related illnesses
- 180: The number of hands just one bar of soap can wash
- 10 million: People Clean the world has served since 2009
- 180 million: Number of hand washes 1 million bars of Clean the World soap will provide
The Clean the World Challenge is part of Travel with Purpose, Hilton’s comprehensive corporate responsibility initiative that redefines sustainable travel by driving and inspiring positive social and environmental change. This partnership further supports Hilton’s goal to send zero soap to landfills by 2030.
For more information visit Travel with Purpose.
For more information on Clean the World and to donate, visit www.cleantheworld.org