Hilton Launches New Platform, Dedicated to Offering Guests Bespoke, and Unforgettable Experiences with its Luxury Brands
AMSTERDAM - Hilton has launched an innovative web platform that offers a range of new and exclusive experiences across its luxury brands, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotel & Resorts. The website, where experiences are filtered by the senses, will give guests unprecedented access to local tastes, sights and sounds, including a chance to see the world’s largest private collection of Louis Vuitton suitcases in Amsterdam, unpack your Waldorf Astoria champagne picnic in Texel before returning to the helicopter and flight home, and take a moment to relax with Headspace guided meditation in the private Garden Tea House.
A recent global survey of luxury travellers by Hilton found that almost half (47%) of global travellers have planned most of their itinerary before travelling and that 20 percent use a loyalty app or digital concierge to do this. With the launch of the new Luxury Experiences platform (www.explore.hilton.com/luxury) guests will be able to book exclusive, authentic, local experiences in destinations all over Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Dominique Piquemal, Vice President Luxury Operations EMEA at Hilton says, “Now more than ever, luxury consumers are looking for unique experiences and unparalleled access. Our newly launched Luxury Experiences platform enables guests to browse the breadth of diverse experiences and undiscovered gems, available exclusively through our Waldorf Astoria and Conrad properties, offering exceptional experiences, every hotel, every guest, every time.”
Highlights of the Experiences Include:
- At Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam guests will be met at the steps of the hotel and driven in a horse-drawn carriage to Ship Chandlers Warehouse, a private warehouse home to the world’s largest private collection of Louis Vuitton suitcases. Here they will have a chance to explore the warehouse’s hidden treasures and listen to stories from the 17th century shop, before being served a fine-dining fivecourse dinner. Guests can book
- At Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, Step outside of Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam to discover the best spots of the Netherlands from the sky. Your private driver will transport you in a luxurious Maybach to the boarding point of your helicopter. Touch down in Texel for a view of the Wadden Sea, a Unesco World Heritage Site and savour a picnic lunch and glass of bubbles, prepared exclusively for you by the kitchen team led by our Two Michelin-star chef, Sidney Schutte.
- At Waldorf Astoria Trianon Palace Versailles guests can book to sit at the ‘Chef’s Table’ in Gordon Ramsay au Trianon restaurant. Here a bespoke, Michelin starred menu will be created exclusively for them, right before their eyes.
- Waldorf Astoria Jerusalem offers an evening city tour which will take guests to the Mahane Yehuda Market to learn the traders’ ancient secrets of breadmaking and to taste a multitude of dough-based specialties.
- Guests at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian will be able to determine their Scottish roots and discover their family tartan in the Scottish Heritage Experience. A questionnaire completed by guests prior to arrival will be reviewed by a team of genealogist experts who will reveal guests’ family tree during their stay and regale them with stories of their ancestors. The experience will finish with a bespoke kilt and Scottish traditional dress fitting that guests can purchase in their family’s tartan to take home.
- Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members at Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, can discover the special mindfulness experience in collaboration with Headspace, the award-winning meditation company. Escape the hustle and bustle of the city to unwind in the peaceful environment of our hotel's private garden with Headspace. While embarking on your own Headspace journey, you may retreat to our Tea House to indulge in some delightful treats.
With over 20 experiences across Europe, Middle East and Africa, the Luxury Experiences platform will ensure it is easy for guests to browse authentic experiences and have a seamless, unforgettable holiday.
To visit the platform and see the full list of experiences, please visit:
Hilton partnered with a third-party research firm, Survata, to survey nearly 1,500 luxury consumers over the age of 25 in eight countries.
About Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
The elegant and stately Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, opened in May 2014, is located at erengracht 542-556, in six monumental buildings from the 17th and 18th centuries, each with its own story. The entrance and majestic stairs to a design by Daniel Marot, architect of King William III, grant the hotel its grandeur. The hotel has 93 luxurious rooms and suites, the exclusive Guerlain Spa, the two-star restaurant Librije's Zusje and Goldfinch Brasserie. The central location on the most beautiful canal in Amsterdam makes it an ideal place to discover and experience the city in all its forms. For more information, visit www.waldorfastoria.com/amsterdam.
About Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts is a portfolio of nearly 30 iconic properties that create a unique sense of place with a relentless commitment to personal service and culinary expertise in landmark locations around the world. Unified by their inspirational environments and True Waldorf Service, Waldorf Astoria hotels deliver graceful service from the moment a guest books through checkout. Waldorf Astoria is a part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Experience Waldorf Astoria by booking at www.waldorfastoria.com or through the Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn about the brand by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/waldorfastoria, and follow Waldorf Astoria on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,400 properties with nearly 880,000 rooms, in 106 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
About Conrad Hotels & Resorts
Spanning more than five continents with nearly 35 properties, Conrad Hotels & Resorts has created a seamless connection between contemporary design, leading innovation and curated art to inspire the entrepreneurial spirit of the globally connected traveler. Guests can manage their stay through the Conrad Concierge service in the Hilton Honors mobile app, getting access to pre check-in and room selection, to ordering in-room dining and mobile checkout, all from their own mobile device. Conrad is part of Hilton, a leading global hospitality company. Connect with Conrad by booking at www.conradhotels.com or through the Hilton Honors mobile app. Learn more about the brand by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/conradhotels and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.