Hilton Worldwide Unveils the 2014 CEO Light & Warmth Award Winners
Twelve Individuals Receive the Company’s Highest Honor
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton Worldwide today announced that 12 Team Members at owned, managed and franchise properties have received the 2014 CEO Light & Warmth Award. This award is the highest accolade any individual can achieve, and was established to recognize exceptional Team Members and franchisee employees who embody Hilton Worldwide's Values of Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership and Now.
In 2014, more than 2,000 Team Members and franchisee employees from around the world were nominated by their colleagues, and finalists were selected by a committee with representatives from across the company. The 12 winners were ultimately chosen by Hilton Worldwide President & CEO Christopher J. Nassetta.
"The winners of this award, both past and present, have played a huge part in our company's success over the last several years," said Nassetta. "They truly embody our founder Conrad Hilton's vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality and consistently go beyond expectations to bring our values to life."
The 2014 CEO Light & Warmth Award winners are:
- Anton Cobb, Senior Sales Manager, Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, OR
- Peter Curtis, Beech Restaurant Manager, Waldorf Astoria Orlando, FL
- Dale Gustafson, Director of Sales, Embassy Suites Centennial Olympic Park, GA
- Kassie Landry, General Manager, Homewood Suites by Hilton Decatur-Forsyth, IL
- Zakaria Mohktar, Security Manager, Hilton Taba Resort & Nelson Village, Egypt
- Rosalba Orwoll, Executive Housekeeper, Embassy Suites Austin Arboretum, TX
- Tony Prytula, Senior Bellman, Hilton Garden Inn Saskatoon Downtown, Canada
- Abdulla Rasheed, Safety and Security Manager, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, Maldives
- Celeste Reeves, Catering Manager, DoubleTree by Hilton Tarrytown, NY
- David Scott, Director of Sales, Embassy Suites Omaha-La Vista, NE
- Rebecca Shaw, Banquet Captain, Hilton Garden Inn Augusta, GA
- Franny Stroeken, Operations Manager, DoubleTree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal Station, Netherlands
Hilton Worldwide Team Members and employees of franchisees working at any Hilton Worldwide property or corporate office are eligible, and winners are announced annually from around the world.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,400 properties with nearly 880,000 rooms, in 106 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.