Hilton Recognizes Team Members with 2016 CEO Light & Warmth Award
MCLEAN, Va. - Hilton (NYSE: HLT) today announced the 12 winners of its 2016 CEO Light & Warmth Award. This recognition is the most prestigious accolade the company awards to exceptional Team Members and franchisee employees who embody the company's vision and mission, as well as its values of Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership and Now.
In 2016, nearly 1,000 Team Members and franchisee employees submitted nominations recognizing their own colleagues for demonstrating the Hilton values at work and in their own personal lives. A committee of representatives from across the company selects the finalists and Hilton President & CEO Christopher J. Nassetta chooses the 12 winners.
"Our CEO Light & Warmth Award recipients are truly inspiring leaders who go above and beyond to spread the light and warmth of hospitality each and every day," said Nassetta. "I am incredibly proud of each of this year's recipients, and we are all honored to have them as part of our team."
The 2016 CEO Light & Warmth Award winners are:
- Ossama Atwa, Housekeeping Senior Supervisor - Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort
- Kevin Barker, Chief Engineer - Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile
- Julian Grainger, Executive Chef - Hilton Minneapolis
- Bill Hao, Laundry Attendant - Hilton Shenzhen Shekou Nanhai
- Jorge Montanero, Chief of Security - Hilton Colon Guayaquil
- Craig Poole, General Manager - DoubleTree by Hilton Reading (Pennsylvania)
- Jessica Pruitt, Coordinator for BPS Homewood/Home2 - Corporate Office (Memphis)
- Abdullah Qassemi, Guest Services - Hilton San Francisco Union Square
- Alexander Spitaler, Executive Housekeeper - Hilton Vienna Danube
- Amparo Torres, Executive Housekeeper - Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando UCF
- Leonie Trottmann, Human Resources & Accounting Assistant - Hilton Garden Inn Davos
- Yesica Villalobos, Front Office Manager - Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt
All Team Members of Hilton and its franchisees - including all brands and corporate offices around the world are eligible for the CEO Light & Warmth Award.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,300 properties with more than 863,000 rooms, in 106 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.