Hilton Recognized as One of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women by Great Place to Work® and Fortune
Most hospitable company in the world climbs 41 positions to rank #15
MCLEAN, Va. - Today, global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work® and Fortune magazine announced that Hilton (NYSE:HLT) has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women in 2017. Fortune's third annual list of the 100 Best Workplaces for Women highlights companies with generous benefits, flexible schedules, and an emphasis on balancing work and life. Rankings are determined by employee surveys and the representation of women within the organizations.
"We are honored and proud to be listed as one of the best places to work for women for the second year in a row," said Laura Fuentes, Senior Vice President, Talent, Rewards and People Analytics, Hilton. "Our Purpose is to be the most hospitable company in the world and we extend the essence of this to both our guests and Team Members. Our women leaders are a unique source of talent, expertise and inspiration, bringing valued diversity of thought and experience to the workplace."
Hilton offers leading programs that support the development of Team Members across the company and create a great working environment, including:
- Women's Team Member Resource Group, a global program that provides a collaborative environment to promote professional growth through networking and development.
- Women in Leadership Excellence, a program hosted by Darden Business School at the University of Virginia that engages participants to successfully navigate their careers as female executives during a one-week program focused on strategy, negotiation, communications and leadership practices.
- Executive Committee Networking Program, a program where Executive Committee members mentor rising stars across the business.
- Adoption Assistance, an industry-leading program that offers $10,000 of adoption assistance to eligible Team Members for each child they adopt.
- Parental Leave, an expanded policy to provide 10 weeks of leave to new mothers and two weeks of paid leave to new fathers. Our policy is the best offered by any major hospitality company in the U.S., and it covers Team Members at all levels of the company, including both salaried and hourly employees.
- Hilton University, a learning and development resource that helps Team Members plan and manage their careers, as well as develop skills to help them advance.
- Go Hilton, a program that provides exclusive travel discounts and perks for Team Members, as well as their family and friends. Since its launch in May, the program has been used to book 800,000 room nights.
Hilton was also a key signatory of the White House Equal Pay Pledge in 2016 and launched Thrive@Hilton this year, which is an evolution of the Team Member Value proposition designed to support Team Members in Body, Mind and Spirit for all employees at hotels and corporate offices.
"Thrive@Hilton particularly resonates with women" says Fuentes. "And, we are proud to create a supportive environment and that helps Team Members feel more resilient, focused and optimistic about their work, which we believe will support our company's continued success."
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,300 properties with more than 863,000 rooms, in 106 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.