5 ways your hotel can help you live a healthy lifestyle while traveling
MCLEAN, Va. - Whether traveling for business or pleasure, a trip away from home means a shift away from your regular routine. In some ways, this can be fun and exciting, but if you're not careful, such a trip can also hinder the healthy lifestyle you've worked so hard to create.
Fortunately, even the most enjoyable trip doesn't have to mean needing a few days to return to your normal routine. There are ways to maintain your healthy lifestyle no matter where you are by utilizing the facilities within your hotel. Keep these five tips in mind during your upcoming travel so you don't have to sacrifice your healthy lifestyle while away from home.
* Start the day right. Ever heard the saying breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Of course you have, and guess what? It's still the most important meal of the day even when you're traveling. Look for a hotel that offers complimentary breakfast and take advantage of this benefit. A healthy meal to start your day will give you more energy and help you feel less hungry later.
* Save time to exercise. The right hotel can make you feel as though you've moved into your gym. Homewood Suites by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton are loaded with fitness amenities including state-of-the-art fitness areas and swimming pools for a quick lap. Build some time into your day to utilize these facilities and your workout regimen won't miss a beat just because you are traveling.
* Plan it all out. If your visit is for business, plan as many activities around your professional obligations as possible, and if you're here for pleasure, fill your calendar with fun, healthy activities. You can make better use of your limited time by being active, which supports a good calorie burn and protects you from snacking while you watch television.
* Cook in when you can. A fun meal out can be a delicious way to explore a new area, but the healthier, more cost-effective avenue is to eat in whenever possible. Homewood Suites by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton feature fully equipped kitchens and in-suite cooking utensils and supplies to make cooking in-house a breeze. And if you're worried about finding the supplies you need, take advantage of the grocery shopping delivery service at Homewood Suites. Compile your shopping list and you can enjoy delicious meals like this quick, creamy shrimp pasta all in the comfort of your suite.
* Take the Scenic Route. At home you know the best bike routes, running paths and trails. On the road you lack that expertise, but you can still use this time to explore your surroundings. Research nearby parks and bike rentals before your trip and schedule time to get active.
Traveling to a new city doesn't mean you should abandon your old routine. If you choose the right hotel and plan ahead of time, there's no reason your latest adventure can't be rewarding to both you and your healthy lifestyle. To learn more about Homewood Suites by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton, visit www.hiltonbringit.com.
About Home2 Suites by Hilton
Home2 Suites by Hilton, one of the fastest-growing brands in the history of Hilton, is a mid-tier, all-suite, award-winning extended-stay hotel concept designed to offer stylish accommodations with flexible guest room configurations and inspired amenities for the cost-conscious guest. With a commitment to environmentally friendly products and hotel operations, Home2 Suites offers complimentary breakfast selections with hundreds of combinations; innovative and customizable guest room designs; laundry and fitness areas; complimentary Wi-Fi internet access; multiple outdoor spaces; 24-hour business centers; expansive community spaces; and pet-friendly environments. Home2 Suites by Hilton has more than 235 hotels, and more than 415 in the pipeline. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app. Visit www.home2suites.com or newsroom.hilton.com/home2suites for additional information or www.home2franchise.com for franchising opportunities.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,400 properties with nearly 880,000 rooms, in 106 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
About Homewood Suites by Hilton
Homewood Suites by Hilton, Hilton’s upscale, all-suite, extended-stay hotel brand with more than 465 locations in the United States, Mexico, and Canada, is an award-winning leader. The first choice for guests seeking comfortable accommodations when traveling for an extended or quick overnight stay, Homewood Suites offers inviting, generous suites featuring separate living and sleeping areas, and fully-equipped kitchens with full-size refrigerators. Additional value-driven essentials include: complimentary internet, a daily full hot breakfast, and complimentary evening socials every Monday - Thursday. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi, and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations), available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors mobile app. Homewood Suites is focused on guest satisfaction and stands behind each stay with its 100% Suite Assurance® guarantee. For more information on the extended-stay advantage, visit www.homewoodsuites.com or newsroom.hilton.com/homewoodsuites.Download Article Photos