Hilton Singapore’s D9 Cakery Presents New Collection of Travel-Inspired Desserts by Executive Pastry Chef Cindy Khoo
SINGAPORE - Known for its impressive six-metre long glass showcase of artisanal desserts, Hilton Singapore’s D9 Cakery has launched a new dessert collection by Executive Pastry Chef Cindy Khoo. The unique collection is inspired by the two cities closest to her heart – Paris and Tokyo. Customers can expect whole cakes, French pastries, bonbons and more from Khoo’s debut range.
“Every pastry chef dreams of living in Paris – you’re surrounded by impeccable treats everywhere you go,” said Khoo. “I fell in love with the city during my first visit, over a decade ago now, and have continued to be inspired by its energy, sophistication and charm. It’s the same in Tokyo – a place that’s vibrant, colourful and brimming with its own energy and culture. My new collection is a homage to the artisanal desserts, techniques and ingredients of both cities and I’m excited to have the chance to showcase these cities through my desserts.”
Khoo began her pastry career in 2011 and at 27 years old, is one of Hilton’s youngest executive pastry chefs. She has been with Hilton Singapore since 2015 and previously held tenure at various luxury hotels locally. Her core collection is an insight into her creative philosophy that focuses on adapting unique flavours and textures to the local palate for a lighter, more refreshing dessert, while not compromising on form and detail.
Delectable selections from her collection include:
- The Royal Hazel: Featuring rich Gianduja combined with premium Valrhona chocolate mixed between layers of crispy feuilletine. The dessert features a majestic gold chocolate top that reflects the gentle splashes of water as it catches the morning sun. It is inspired by the Fontaines de la Concorde, two monumental fountains located in the Place de la Concorde at the heart of Paris
- The Forest: An elevated Black Forest with 70 percent dark Guanaja chocolate sponge topped with Kirsch-soaked Morello cherries, folded into light French Chantilly cream
- The Citron: A perfect combination of sweet and tart, with creamy lemon curd poured over French meringue, gently torched and laid over a buttery sweet crust pastry
Those who appreciate the technique de pâtisserie française (French pastry technique) but are in the mood for lighter Japanese flavours can go for the following selections:
- Fraise: A piece of edible art that is made up of a layer of delicate Opalys white chocolate topped with fresh strawberries, concealing a fluffy yellow sponge made from Japanese flour and a filling of Chantilly cream dotted with fresh strawberries
- Ma-Chakura Azuki: A cheeky name for a multi-layer dream of matcha joconde sponge, matcha-infused mousse and sakura flower crémeux, designed to mimic the gentle folds of the Geisha’s kimono and obi
- Belle: A homage to fresh spring, this dessert is a mint green pillow of crispy streusel – made from ground, lightly roasted pistachio – layered with fragrant bergamot crémeux and Bavarian coconut cream
- Walnut Peak Tarte: A handmade tart shell baked with caramelised walnuts and pecans where the nuts are fully integrated into the pastry for a more textured mouthfeel – with candied almond nibs for a bittersweet finish
A number of whole cakes will be available in mini versions, along with other petite delights including:
- Pomme: An Instagram-worthy apple-shaped dessert that features lightly whipped green apple-infused cream layered over a compote of crisp green apple and aromatic dill
- French classic Paris Brest Hazelnut, which gets an update in the form of a hazelnut praline and caramel whipped cream filling, topped with an intricate chocolate swirl perched jauntily on the side like a beret and finished with a sprinkling of gold powder
- Cassis Puffy: An airy choux puff filled with rich cassis crémeux that pulls apart to reveal a Jivara milk chocolate-coated cassis marshmallow for a fun surprise
The new collection is available now and will be sold alongside Hilton Singapore’s signature 45-year-old recipe cheesecakes and other loaf cakes. Nine new selections of macarons and an assortment of bonbons will also be available at D9 Cakery. Inspired by popular chocolate bar flavours, these new additions include Oolong-Caramel, a confit of oolong tea with a creamy golden caramel ganache and Espresso, a combination of delicate hand-dripped espresso jelly covered in a rich, 72 percent dark chocolate ganache.
Lobby Level, Hilton Singapore
581 Orchard Road, Singapore 238883
9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. (Daily)
For queries and orders, call +65 6730 3392 or email D9Cakery@hilton.com.
Media can access additional information about Hilton Singapore at http://newsroom.hilton.com/singapore
About Hilton Singapore
Hilton Singapore is an institution in Singapore’s hospitality scene, being among the first international hotels to bring its trademark level of service excellence and culinary innovation to the city-state. Located in the heart of fashionable Orchard Road, the city’s most popular shopping and dining district, the 421-room hotel is a superb venue for both the business and leisure clientele. The stylish, contemporary rooms and suites offer modern amenities and equipped with WiFi capabilities. The hotel also offers guests quality dining experience in its award-winning restaurants. The hotel’s central location makes it an ideal choice for meetings and conferences. The Grand Ballroom can accommodate up to 500 guests and a further 11 function rooms all fully equipped with advanced multimedia equipment, provide options for events and meetings of any nature.
About D9 Cakery
D9 Cakery is a modern, artisanal patisserie which specialises in creating handcrafted desserts that look like edible art pieces. Displayed within an impressive six-metre glass showcase, each drawer opens to reveal delicious delights of homemade cakes, pastries, artfully crafted pralines and macarons for guests to choose from. Using only the finest ingredients, D9 Cakery’s creations combine the best of local flavours and international favourites.
About Hilton Hotels & Resorts
For nearly 100 years, Hilton Hotels & Resorts has set the benchmark for hospitality around the world, providing new product innovations and services to meet guests' evolving needs. With more than 575 hotels across six continents, Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties are located in the world’s most sought-after destinations for guests who know that where they stay matters. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. Begin your journey at www.hilton.com and learn more by visiting newsroom.hilton.com/hhr or following us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.Download Article Photos