Hilton Garden Inn Arrives in France
Hilton Garden Inn Bordeaux Centre Opens as the Brand’s First Property in France, offering Guests Access to World-Class Hospitality in the heart of France’s Wine-Growing Region
BORDEAUX, France - France’s hub of the famed wine-growing region, Bordeaux, has officially welcomed its
first Hilton Garden Inn property, the award-winning midscale brand by Hilton (NYSE: HLT) which boasts more than 775 hotels around the world. The hotel joins an existing nine Hilton properties in France, which will be managed by Naos Hotel Groupe.
The highly anticipated property offers business travellers and holiday seekers access to Hilton’s globally recognised hospitality service in the heart of one of France’s cultural hubs. The 166-guestroom Hilton Garden Inn Bordeaux Centre is located only three tram stops from the iconic Place de la Bourse, along with the Opéra National, Cité du Vin and Bordeaux Métropole Aréna just 10 minutes away. Bordeaux-Merignac Airport is also a short 25-minute drive from the hotel.
Tucked away in Southwestern France is the historic city of Bordeaux, which is on the UNESCO World Heritage List as ‘an outstanding urban and architectural ensemble’ of the 18th century(1). Bordeaux offers something for sight and taste, from a cultural afternoon at the Musée d'Aquitaine, which exhibits 30,000 years of history, to dining with the locals at the septet of restaurants in Place du Parlement and taking a ride along the vineyards of Médoc to immerse yourself in the famed viticulture.
The city has continued to flourish as now the fifth most frequented French destination after Paris, Aix-Marseille, Lyon and Nice, handling a record of six million airport passengers in 2017; an increase of two million in two years(2).
“We are delighted to bring the Hilton Garden Inn experience to guests staying in the beautiful and exciting city of Bordeaux,” comments Vincent Digne, General Manager. “Infamous for the production of its local wine, Bordeaux is also known for its landmark 11th century cathedral, 18th to 19th century mansions and public gardens lining the curving river quays. Bordeaux offers travellers a sensorial escape, and we look forward to enriching travellers’ time in the city with our renowned approach to hospitality, whether it is taking comfort in our spacious and fully equipped guestrooms or dining at our unique restaurant with stunning riverside views.”
Gorgeous indoor event spaces at Hilton Garden Inn Bordeaux Centre, including over 250 square meters of banquet space, make it an ideal riverside venue for hosting or celebrating a special occasion. Business travellers can take advantage of the hotel’s spacious meeting rooms. Guests can select from several room types including: standard, family, and deluxe rooms, as well as one-bedroom suites, ensuring guests enjoy a comfortable stay.
Hilton Garden Inn Bordeaux Centre offers a number of amenities and services, including complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the property, 24-hour business centre, and a fitness room. In order to receive instant benefits including lowest price available online and Hilton Honors points towards free nights, guests are encouraged to book direct and join Hilton Honors®.
HILTON GARDEN INN BORDEAUX CENTRE HIGHLIGHTS
- Conveniently located just 200 metres away from Bordeaux’s main train station, Gare Saint Jean, or a 10 minute car drive from the city centre
- The hotel is situated three tram stops from the iconic Place de la Bourse, with the Opéra National, Cité du Vin and Bordeaux Métropole Aréna 10 minutes away from the tram
- All-day dining options in the unique restaurant and café store, Babette, boasting stunning riverside views
- 24/7 business centre, fitness room, and The Shop retail outlet
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel
- 166 comfortable rooms, including 35 family rooms, 29 deluxe rooms, 17 suites and 5 accessible rooms
- Panoramic riverside view rooms
- HDTV and ergonomic furnishings
DINING & LEISURE
- A freshly prepared breakfast is offered daily in the unique restaurant and café store, Babette
- The Shop conveniently offers guests a delicious range of snacks, salads, sandwiches, plus alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages
- Evening room service and onsite catering available at guest’s request
- 24/7 fitness room
BUSINESS & EVENTS
- Over 250 square meters of banquet space, with the capacity to hold approximately 150 people
- State of the art 24/7 business centre offering a wide range of services and facilities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi, printing facilities, copier and fax
BORDEAUX FUN FACTS
- In 1996, the Mayor of Bordeaux, Alain Juppé, initiated a regeneration of Bordeaux’s historic, yet grimy and traffic-congested city centre and port. This new lease of life resulted it in being awarded UNESCO World Heritage Site status in July 2007(3).
- The old city of Bordeaux is referenced as Sleeping Beauty, as pollution turned all the walls black. But since its transformation, it’s now beyond recognition to visitors and residents(4).
- Nearly all Bordeaux wines are blended using two or more grape varieties. Red wines are usually made up of two or more of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot or Malbec. White wines are typically made up of Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon and occasionally Muscadelle. The art of blending is what gives Bordeaux wines their distinctive taste(3).
- The term ‘Vintage Bordeaux’ is more often than not misunderstood. Vintage simply means wine from a single harvest, and nearly all Bordeaux production comes from a specific one(3).
- Bordeaux is thought of as a predominantly red wine-growing region. However, until the 1970s, it produced far more white wine(3).
- With red, dry white, sweet white, rosé and cremant wines ranging in price from £5 to £5,000, Bordeaux is one of the most diverse wine regions in the world(3).
For further information about the hotel, contact Christine Reverchon at Christine.Reverchon@naoshotelgroupe.com. To download images and videos, and for more information, visit the Hilton Garden Inn Media Center.
(1) UNESCO. (Unknown date). Bordeaux, Port of the Moon. Retrieved from: https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/1256
(2) Bordeaux Tourism. (Unknown date, 2017). BORDEAUX BY FIGURES. Retrieved from: http://presse.bordeauxtourisme.com/en/bordeaux-by-figures#
(3) Telegraph. (7th November 2014). Top ten facts about Bordeaux. Retrieved from:
(4) The Guardian. (30th March 2014). Bordeaux reborn. Retrieved from:
About Hilton Garden Inn
The award-winning Hilton Garden Inn brand provides business and leisure guests upscale, yet affordable accommodations and modern amenities for a comfortable stay. The Hilton Garden Inn Promise affirms the brand’s goal to make each Guest’s stay better and brighter. Guaranteed. Team Members at nearly 790 hotels in 38 countries around the world ensure today’s busy travelers have a bright and satisfying experience, starting with the first hello. As a recognized F&B leader, Hilton Garden Inn serves locally sourced food and beverage at its full-service restaurants and bars, featuring everything from cooked-to-order breakfast, handcrafted cocktails, and on-trend small plates. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits. For more information about Hilton Garden Inn, visit www.hgi.com or newsroom.hilton.com/hgi and connect on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Hilton (NYSE: HLT) is a leading global hospitality company, with a portfolio of 14 world-class brands comprising more than 5,400 properties with nearly 880,000 rooms, in 106 countries and territories. Hilton is dedicated to fulfilling its mission to be the world’s most hospitable company by delivering exceptional experiences – every hotel, every guest, every time. The company's portfolio includes Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton by Hilton, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages an award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose exactly how many Points to combine with money, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, and free standard Wi-Fi. Visit newsroom.hilton.com for more information, and connect with Hilton on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.Download Article Photos